Sunday 6 December 2009

Weird...

I offered Rachel a lift home since it was on my way but it turns out she lives in Hornsey, which is the opposite direction. I only know the High Road. It was weird because she acted like we were still great friends but tonight must be the first time I'd seen her in twenty years. No wonder I didn't know where she lived. I'd parked the car in a sneaky little spot. Must be the only place in London not on a meter or time limit. Strictly speaking the mini wasn't still on the road, but since it had magnetically attached itself to the gates of an imposing mansion, I figured it was private property and out of bounds for the wardens.

The room was rapidly filling with soft furnishings. Cushions with elaborate frills and heavy embroidery reminiscent of a stately home. I wasn't sure where they had come from but apparently they were something to do with Christine and her friends. That's what Dean told me anyway as he danced with the curtain.

I needed to get back to the car. I had to visit my Auntie. Rachel had gone anyway, so she would have to find her own way home. The stairs just kept on going, round and round in dizzying circles. I tripped. Fell. Yelled. And woke with a start...

No, I haven't gone mad. This was just a Sunday Scribble on the subject of Weird. An excerpt from last night's nocturnal adventures!

8 comments:

  1. I loved this writing...oh, and that staircase that kept going and going... :)

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! A little Alice~esque. Hope you are having a great weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you woke up in time! This is a cool little piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes our dreams can sure be weird, disjointed and fascinating. Here is a question.... to analyze or not to analyze them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh those falling dreams are horrible aren't they? There is a term for them must look it up! Thanks your visit to my page too..Jae

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreams are the estuaries of weirdness. Thanks for sharing yours! I so often don't recall mine with such clarity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...