Thursday 26 January 2012

A moment


In the last couple of  years I have amassed a steadily growing collection of books on art and creativity, mixed in with a few copies of gorgeous Stampington magazines and copies of Uppercase - I've even read some of them.

I found myself enjoying a 'moment' a few nights ago. I had gathered a stash of these weighty tomes from various points around the house where they had accompanied me on my thoughtful meanderings. As I was about to return them to their home in my bedroom, that little dreamer inside me (who hates tidying up) thought my time would be better spent having another browse.

So, I sat on my fluffy marshmallow duvet surrounded by the paintings of Waterhouse and Froud and instruction and inspiration from my art heroes. I sank into a deep bliss of contentment. Art makes me happy. Books make me happy. Life is good.

9 comments:

  1. Enjoyed similar bliss often :).
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those moments!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds blissful! I have that book, too, and a couple others I'd like to actually do lessons from this year :)

    Maybe we could pick one (and perhaps a few other gals that have the book as well) and start going through them together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wonder if it is a trait of creative types to start out doing something practical (tidy up) and end up getting distracted by something else entirely (art books, art websites, art itself!) i can relate totally to this post and do love getting sucked into a world of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without doubt Lisa... art and books... equals happiness... life is wonderful :))

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing, absolutely nothing better than snuggling down with a pile of magazines and books to lift the soul and take all the cares of life away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~fluffy marshmallow duvets...who could ask for more...but then you add books of inspiration and waterhouse and froud to the mix...blissful indeed my friend...may you have many more of these quiet moments to nourish your spirit...who needs tidying up...yuck! much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I was catching up on my blog reading tonight, this one caught my attention because it happens to me all the time. In fact today I pulled out my back issues of Cloth Paper Scissors and thoroughly enjoyed browsing through those projects again. Thanks for reminding me I'm not alone in my joy of curling up with a good book - novel, creative inspiration, instructional, whatever....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...