Tuesday 5 June 2012

Hey you...


Hey you...

I happened to be listening to Basement Jaxx while I painted last night which is the only reason this painting got its name. I scribbled the lyrics across her while bopping to the music. Then I remembered I was supposed to watching the Jubilee concert... Doh! Good job, I recorded it. Caught the last half live at least!

This piece a bit different for me, but then again not really a surprise. I was craving a change in direction (even if only temporary), and rose to the challenge on Willowing.ning to paint a quirky face instead of a pretty one. We all benefit from a change in direction every now and again - look at Mary Poppins, she dictated her working life by the wind (with a bit of help from the odd dodgy cockney too).

I was loosened up by the music. I slung my paint with wild abandon (I like me a bit of wild abandon - good for the soul). It was very satisfying to find bits of my painting adventure still adherring to my arms and under my fingernails this morning - always a sign of good session I think.

I finished off this second piece today. See if you can guess what artist I was listening to last night while scribbling in the background!


Girl with dog

Today, though I felt she wasn't quirky enough so we snipped out a little randomness to finish her off. I'm thinking now that maybe she needs a black & white handbag - that's what you get for making her part 'model'. All she can think of is accessories!

We finish up with Mr Quirky Bird. If you want to know the roundabout and mysterious process that went into making him though, you'll have to take my course!

mR qUiRkY bIrD

13 comments:

  1. Lisa, those are so much fun! I'd recognize those Beatles lyrics anywhere. got your beautiful book-page painting in the mail yesterday. she's even more lovely in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your first painting - it shows so much confidence in your style - you've one a long way, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are three crackers... it is interesting how big a role music can play in how it all turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 fabulous and completely different pieces. The fun you had while making them really shows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just read all teh Postcards between Strangers adn now I am totally hooked!! PLEASE TELL ME there's more to come, right?!! LOVE IT> Waht a great idea. Maybe I need to start somethign like that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 1st ladies face. I think she is pretty even though you weren't trying to make her pretty. She reminds me of a doll. The second is sweet. I love the magazine page you plastered over her face. It works terrifically. Is that a word? lol Your quirky bird is a riot! Love the feathers.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, all so wonderfully unique!! I too love that first one!! The others are quirky and fun!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking the quirkiness of this post - I can see you really got into the mood. I have this image of you dancing with a paint brush in hand - creating with wild abandon. I love the bit of waking up and finding the remnants of the night on your hands - it sounds like you had a great art party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like you quirky as much as I like you....um, I don't want to say serious (we both know that word doesn't suit you...haha) unquirky? I think you get my point :)

    You are just fun and talented...falented :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. the top lady reminds me a bit of you. and you are quirky and beautiful. no need to paint pretty. paint true and real and you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three of these are great, it is refreshing to have a change of style now and then I think!

    Love the middle painting especially - the collage and the drawings in the background really draw the eye, and I've always liked that Beatles song! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these cards have a wonderful and beautiful shave and your painting is very nice and amazing for all. Very amazing coloring and picturing style is very best of all these cards, the color roundabout the hen is very excessive for us. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you write your posts - so amusing & sharp witted. Fab :-)

    Just catching up with (at last) & enjoying your past few posts & have added my own comment to the large quantity of comments on each.

    Kat :-) Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...