Sunday 31 July 2011

Do you mind?

I was pushed out of bed this morning (a Sunday no less), by this girl who was begging to be drawn. Seriously, it's Sunday morning and last night I went out on a hen night and drank wine from a glass the size of a small bucket and she wants me to roll out of bed and get all creative.

Ah well actually it wasn't that difficult. I may have drunk more than my usual consumption of the fruit of the vine, but that isn't really that much truth be told... And I really did fancy drawing a girl with a touch of whimsey about her.

So, she took form on a splattered and stamped sketchbook page - more tea employed in the making of this (my boyfriend's 14-year-old daughter thought I was more insane than usual when she caught me flinging hot tea bags around in the name of art).

Yesterday the sun came out which was a somewhat shocking experience. It has been hiding for so long that I forgot that one was required to rub sunscreen in to exposed skin to protect it from sizzling. I'm a little rosy on the shoulders and chest today...

An early entry to Summer of Colour's Orange (I have another one for tomorrow!), and a Sunday Sketch.

Prismacoloured pencils on a background of tea splats and rubber stamping. Digital application of a brush by Kim Klassen with the words.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa...I would say your evening activities were a good inspiration! Glad to hear the sun is coming out. I have been away for two weeks, returning today. I hope that sun hangs our for a while longer!
    Best wishes...

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love the tea splattering and the tangerine color palette here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams is what life is all about. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing a touch of tea splattering myself....Mr H thinks it's some peculiar English quirky custom... Love your painting, she's beautiful....I'm off for some fruit of the vine myself now....well it is after 6pm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,Hello-I just found your blog site this morning when I saw you were a winner of summer of color.Am I right?you were #9? Well, nice to get to know you.I really enjoyed my stay visiting you so I'm now your new follower.Yes, in my retirement I've been playing around with art but I am not an artist at all just a retired ol' lady playing and having a great time.If you like visit me any time for a short stay or even to follow if it fits what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to wake up from pure inspiration!
    She looks beautiful, and the tea splotches are such an awesome background effect~

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beauitufl piece and i love how you put it as well,, I understand when something is in your minds eye just waiting to be put on canvas

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's quite serious, love the orange colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's gorgeous... if a little demanding. Love the textures, and colour. A lovely 'subdued' orange.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am wow'd by the captive glance in this portrait. Beautiful patterns in the background too. I heard we do our best thinking when we're tired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tangerine and tea...how perfect! Love your new creation! Beautiful and worth jumping out of bed on a Sunday for! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is lovely ~ The muse come out when we least expect it ~ Wow! namaste,
    Carol (over from Sketch Sunday (Share the Creative Journey ~ (http://www.artmusedogsharethecreativejourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, a creation from a fuzzy state...it sparkles with life. I love the textures and colors; her expression is thoughtful and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this choice of colour, Lisa. Wow! And tea colouring? I've heard a few people in the past try this but not actually done it myself. You're SO incredibly inspiring. Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is just beautiful! Love it :)

    aeria

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lisa she is so beautiful! (as always) The wine agreed with you more than you thought! :)<3
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Would have loved to have seen you throwing tea bags at it :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is lovely, you really do faces well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is beautiful, I wish I could produce that well after a wine night or any night for that matter! too funny about the tea bags!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE these faces you are creating...they are beautiful and very magical

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving this one and the story behind it. I must try "tea splattering"!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love to hear the backstories of art~xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...