Sunday, 31 July 2011

Do you mind?

I was pushed out of bed this morning (a Sunday no less), by this girl who was begging to be drawn. Seriously, it's Sunday morning and last night I went out on a hen night and drank wine from a glass the size of a small bucket and she wants me to roll out of bed and get all creative.

Ah well actually it wasn't that difficult. I may have drunk more than my usual consumption of the fruit of the vine, but that isn't really that much truth be told... And I really did fancy drawing a girl with a touch of whimsey about her.

So, she took form on a splattered and stamped sketchbook page - more tea employed in the making of this (my boyfriend's 14-year-old daughter thought I was more insane than usual when she caught me flinging hot tea bags around in the name of art).

Yesterday the sun came out which was a somewhat shocking experience. It has been hiding for so long that I forgot that one was required to rub sunscreen in to exposed skin to protect it from sizzling. I'm a little rosy on the shoulders and chest today...

An early entry to Summer of Colour's Orange (I have another one for tomorrow!), and a Sunday Sketch.

Prismacoloured pencils on a background of tea splats and rubber stamping. Digital application of a brush by Kim Klassen with the words.

26 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lisa...I would say your evening activities were a good inspiration! Glad to hear the sun is coming out. I have been away for two weeks, returning today. I hope that sun hangs our for a while longer!
    Best wishes...

    Jeanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I love the tea splattering and the tangerine color palette here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dreams is what life is all about. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing a touch of tea splattering myself....Mr H thinks it's some peculiar English quirky custom... Love your painting, she's beautiful....I'm off for some fruit of the vine myself now....well it is after 6pm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,Hello-I just found your blog site this morning when I saw you were a winner of summer of color.Am I right?you were #9? Well, nice to get to know you.I really enjoyed my stay visiting you so I'm now your new follower.Yes, in my retirement I've been playing around with art but I am not an artist at all just a retired ol' lady playing and having a great time.If you like visit me any time for a short stay or even to follow if it fits what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful to wake up from pure inspiration!
    She looks beautiful, and the tea splotches are such an awesome background effect~

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a beauitufl piece and i love how you put it as well,, I understand when something is in your minds eye just waiting to be put on canvas

    ReplyDelete
  9. she's quite serious, love the orange colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's gorgeous... if a little demanding. Love the textures, and colour. A lovely 'subdued' orange.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am wow'd by the captive glance in this portrait. Beautiful patterns in the background too. I heard we do our best thinking when we're tired.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tangerine and tea...how perfect! Love your new creation! Beautiful and worth jumping out of bed on a Sunday for! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is lovely ~ The muse come out when we least expect it ~ Wow! namaste,
    Carol (over from Sketch Sunday (Share the Creative Journey ~ (http://www.artmusedogsharethecreativejourney.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, a creation from a fuzzy state...it sparkles with life. I love the textures and colors; her expression is thoughtful and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this choice of colour, Lisa. Wow! And tea colouring? I've heard a few people in the past try this but not actually done it myself. You're SO incredibly inspiring. Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh this is just beautiful! Love it :)

    aeria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa she is so beautiful! (as always) The wine agreed with you more than you thought! :)<3
    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely gorgeous!! Would have loved to have seen you throwing tea bags at it :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is lovely, you really do faces well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is beautiful, I wish I could produce that well after a wine night or any night for that matter! too funny about the tea bags!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE these faces you are creating...they are beautiful and very magical

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am loving this one and the story behind it. I must try "tea splattering"!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to hear the backstories of art~xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...