Sunday 11 September 2011

Run music draw clean create hula

I wonder is it possible to multi-task to the extent that one can paint, exercise, listen to music and type a blog post simultaneously? It's what I'm trying to do right now. Inevitably I'm getting in a bit of tangle with limbs flailing in all directions. I've also just bought an adult hula hoop but, perhaps fortunately, have to wait for delivery. I realised that trying to hula with a child's hoop that cost £1 from Tesco was probably the equivalent of attempting to ride a bicycle meant for a 5-year-old. I love hula hooping. I used to be pretty good at it. Well, I could keep it going for ages and performed the odd trick. I've decided that I'll have a go at something a bit fancier that might trim a few inches off the waistline in an enjoyable fashion.

What? At 41? Well, hey why not? A friend has just taken up roller derby (although she is a lot younger than me....).

Has anyone invented a swimming pool tank that works like a treadmill? I'd quite like me one of those.

A google moment later...

Oh my.... someone has invented one! Shame it costs £8k and I don't have anywhere to put it!

This piece of art is a result of multi-tasking too - but don't worry, I wasn't jogging or cooking dinner. I like slinging down backgrounds then seeing what wants to happen next. This is another of same set I made a few weeks ago. The round stamped pattern (now barely visible) was the catalyst for a daisy middle.

For Sunday Sketches.

Strange post this. I think I've been drinking too much coffee.

25 comments:

  1. LOVE IT...it has the energy of your day...and i'm in the same boat with you on the multi-tasking front! Wouldn't have it any other day! Enjoy the hoop...you're never too old for FUN! Happy Sunday Sketches...Twist and shout! POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a busy bee! ~ Love your art piece ~ Have you ever thought about just being? and meditating ~ ^_^ ~ Love your work! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy SS ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colours in your art piece, love it. It's amazing what google can find. Happy hula hooping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting down paint backgrounds then seeing what emerges sounds fun! It certainly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite combination of colors in this one. Love them. I do the super hula hoop on the wii sometimes but haven't tried a real one in a very long time. Let us know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very appealing :).

    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this sketch.... Sounds like you are having fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. well fren ... if you have a way of doing all that at the same time, plus answering endless questions from a 6 year old and nursing an 11 month old ... i want to know too. do share!! and yes ... there is such a pool ... the swimmers use it. i'll probably drown in it (O_O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. toooooooo funny, I was just trying to hula hoop this morning with my 8 yr old granddaughter...she rocks it out and I flat-lined! hope you do better...love the flower!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty artwork! And yay, I have a hula hoop, too. I bought one at Target last year - it has water in it so it makes fun swirly sounds. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun to see your lively piece. I also try to do all these things at once!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do make me laugh! I have this wonderful picture of you in my head now....get hoola hooping girl!!!
    Love your art today!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I'm exhausted just reading about your multi-tasking! ha!

    This painting is beautiful - I love the colors and textures (and daisies are my favorite)!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! I'll have the exercise image in my mind for a while now :) Love Love LOve the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny! What a great description of how women multi task! And, I have to say, I love this painting - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, it IS possible as I did that very thing today. Packed some boxes, painted a little, laundry, etc.

    LOVE this painting. I've always been one for dark reds - I really like this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love this peice,, beautiful,, good luck with hoola hoop!Its suppose to be such good exercise! Fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the colors are so energetic! I love this painting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's not a strange post but a hyper post..full of fun and excitement. Everything you say reminds me of me...LOL! Your header painting is also full of color and life. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so fun! I like the idea of slinging paint and then seeing what happens from there!
    have a great Monday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. (forgot to say I really like the color combo)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your writing really makes me laugh! As soon as you said has anyone invented a pool like a treadmill I instantly got a picture in my mind of modern pools these days... next second later... reading on... you discovered it on google! LOL. So funny! So does hula hooping loose weight around your belly? I think I should give it a try. I do the hula hoop on the Wii, does that count?
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your piece is lovely!!! Multi tasking? yup...I'm all about it!! : ))
    Love that your friend took up roller derby!!! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the colours - warm and happy and cozy at the same time - like your multi tasking though i cant imagine piecing all that together at the same time! Hoola Hooping is for any age why not - we should do more of what we did as kids!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hush up! One can never drink too much coffee!!! Haha!

    This piece is so serene....even with it's vibrant hue, it has a peacefulness to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...