Monday 8 July 2013

The Mists of Avalon

 
 

I took myself off on a weekend of adventure to the fabled land - Avalon - hiding in the mists just outside of modern-day Glastonbury.

Four days of magic and mystery with the energy of this special place mixing with the wild souls of the women gathered to make art and find their inner Goddess.

My night dreams conspired to wake me up before the lark and nudged me to view the world outside my window. Where I was expecting blue skies was just a veil of mist stretching as far as the eye could see. Would Avalon be the other side? It was too good an opportunity to miss. I set out on a dawn pilgrimage to the Tor.

Silence save for the birds and livestock calling for their breakfast.

Long skirts brushed through the wet grasses as I disturbed the fairies from playing their harps.


Rabbits hid among the grasses as the Tor and Tower remained as illusive too...


I knew it must be up there somewhere...


And the voices whispered the stories ...


Of love and betrayal ...


Until the guardians of the sacred place bid me back beyond the veil to paint my own Goddess...

 
More on the magical Call of the Wild Soul Art Retreat later this week.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous esoteric pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I follow Kath's blog
    http://www.railwaycottage.blogspot.co.uk/
    she lives in Glastonbury and often says about the magic of the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation Ann - I will have to check her out!

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous images Lisa. It looks so mysterious. Love the lamb on the walk way.
    I'm so glad you went and enjoyed your time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, stunning imagery and you had me hanging on every word...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photographs are beyond beautiful.
    Oh! How I envy you.
    I am eager to see more, and hear you weave the tale. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning pics Lisa!....my favourite time of the day :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds a wonderful place to be; terrific photos Lisa, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...