Friday 1 May 2009

When I grow old...

I shall wear purple (Jenny Joseph)... and listen to Radio 2. I felt my age this morning while motoring to work. I was really enjoying Wake up to Wogan. It wasn't his geriatric ramblings, the amusing anecdotes nor the terribly useful travel bulletins. It was in fact the music. Now, these days Radio 2 can be relied upon to be a bit more cutting edge than it was back when I was forced to listen to it when Wogan was on the first time around. The other day they even played Doves and Bat for Lashes. Today however, was a different story. How I enjoyed singing at full volume to 'Can't smile without you', 'Beyond the sea', 'Tired of being alone' and I did indeed 'listen to the music' - very loudly. Ahh, there's nothing like a good old tune where you can actually hear the lyrics...

1 comment:

  1. Laughing out loud at that-You cannot beat the therapeutic qualities of a good (loud!) sing-song to something cheesey,(Shania Twain in the car,full blast,my personal fave!)- as a mother of a teen and an almost-teen, I can vouch right now that they really DON'T make 'em like that any more!
    Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...