Monday 18 March 2013

It's the way I tell 'em



A great comedy sketch needs a few simple ingredients to make me laugh. Firstly, a liberal serving of cheese - over lots of corn. Mix it with effortless acting and sprinkle with comic timing and you have the makings of a classic - all that's needed to finish it off is a cracking punchline ... four candles anyone?

My sense of humour was nurtured by the likes of Tommy Cooper, The Two Ronnies and Morcambe and Wise - very end of the Pier showtime (without the rude bits) and I'll take any opportunity to grab a laugh with a well-placed pun.

Imagine my joy then when faced with a Quiz last week where, instead of testing on questions cricket or the spin-bowling of politics, all that was required was to supply the punchline to a list of jokes... I was in my element!

And guess who won first prize... Who's laughing now then eh?

I am now the proud owner of a digital photo frame... Why did the picture go to prison? Because it was framed...

2 comments:

  1. what did the green grape say to the purple grape????



    Breathe breathe...
    my sort of joke... sad I know but I have a million of them... am much in demand at dinner parties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you mention four candles...or did you mean fork handles!!! Oh, the old ones are the best ones, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...