Sunday 9 December 2012

Chloe is determined


Chloe is a determined lass. Despite the fact that my lengthy absence from the world of blogging (yes, pretty much a whole month - shocking eh?!), has meant that I have accumulated a somewhat large stash of art to share with Sunday Sketches, Paint Party Friday et al, she insisted on being created last night.

While the other half was watching old episodes of ER on TV, I was forced to sit down and create this set jaw and steely gaze. Her background was already in existence so I should point out that the blood splattered look has nothing to do with the frequency of GSWs flowing in and out of the trauma team's hands at the other end of the room.

Other half has only just 'discovered' ER and is working his way through season after season. Carol is currently heavily pregnant, Romano still has both functioning arms and Clooney has gone to Hollywood. I was a big fan 'back in the day', but it's amazing what we forget and what memories itch to let slip to let slip mention of the danger of helicopters, impending love triangles, multiple births and heartfelt reunions.

It is becoming all too easy to get sucked back into the storylines (despite the fact that Doug Ross has moved to pastures new....).

13 comments:

  1. Love thet way Chloe is emerging from the chaotic background. Your ladies are always so mysterious, and this strong-minded lass certainly has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello friend..wow..she is stunning!I love the colors floating everywhere..very ethereal..! Beautiful!!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful painting, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with Jez she looks determined - strong.
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chole is beautifully created ~ great job ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka artmusedog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girl is so warm and radiant looking, and I'm really inspired by this kind of painting--the less than literal, and yet deliberate strokes that create beautiful flashes of color like in the background here. I just discovered an artist named Agnes Cecile yesterday and this painting reminds me a little of her stuff. Do you know her work at all? If not I think you'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your loose style with lines and colors, just beautiful and interesting face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - where does a month go? I always have good intentions to do this, that and other and of course I end up on the net!!! :)

    Hope you are well,

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the mystical color washes and her serene, Mona Lisa kind of look. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chloe was definitely going to appear and so pleased she did. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks like me...if I really had those full lips that I do in my mind...but she is up to her eyeballs in paint and so am I. Blogger-schmogger...follow your heart♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh Doug Ross ... you were so perfect... and ER was my favourite show for a long time... but would be scared to watch any again as I think I would get sucked back in... and who has time for that when there is a gorgeous Salvatore brother to spend my viewing time on...xx
    PS love the sketch... she is a bit determined isn't she... a tad intense... glad she visited you and not me... that sort of intensity freaks me out...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I've read this post before....dejavu....hmmm....

    Or do you find yourself sucked away for lengthy periods of time with wonderful shows and fantastic works of art under your belt often :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...