Friday, 30 July 2010

Dripping into Photoshop


Hot on the heels of my previous post, written while once more in a mood that belongs more to a bear with a sore head, I return fresh from a bout of restorative creativity.

I have been pondering what to create all week for the IA Water challenge. I had high hopes for an abstract acrylic, but the week is running away with me and I have many plans yet to fulfill, so I turned instead to my stash of 'not quite sure what to do with this' creations and my old and trusty friend Photoshop.

Last week I painted a watery moon at sunset, but it was a very half-hearted attempt that never amounted to much. This week however, it was viewed in a new light - the beginnings of an idea began to unfurl. Into the scanner went the moon where she reappeared magically in Photoshop. Now to play... A spot of duplication and she was now reflecting perfectly in a sea sparkling with moon dust. Was this enough? Well, no. How about some play with the ocean ripple filter... And what about a bit of blending? Very nice I'm sure but lacking a focal point.

Hold on, can you hear singing? The sirens are calling. I landed one of my friendly creations and she dripped her way onto the screen. Can you see her appearing through the phosphoresce?


12 comments:

  1. Fabulous.....I love that ocean ripple filter - in fact, I'm off for a play right now!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing... very cool what you can do with photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice effect, I am horrible with photoshop so I envy you to be able to use it so creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these are gorgeous! They would make fantastic backgrounds too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see so many images in these pieces..faces, sea creatures..lights..they are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such magic with Photoshop! I'm so jealous. :) in a good way.
    I can see why you were dreaming of surfing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WoW! So many layers to try to see through...mesmerizing piece :)
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. SWEET Submission...always in awe of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa, this is STUNNING! I fell in love with her on first sight. You are sooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is totally beautiful work, lisa! & sooo water!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...