Friday 11 May 2012


It's not often I go a week without blogging and I am sorely missing the opportunity to scribble and share. However, with just a few days to go until my eCourse starts and plenty of other work and commitments then something had to give.

I've come up with some great posts while in the car, but the witty gems just didn't want to come back to me once I was in front of a keyboard. I've also been hitting the gym!

One of my 'other commitments' has been the Messy Book Group where we continue to experiment and push the boundaries of what the uninitiated might call chaos, but we call art. This week has seen car tyres painted brightly and then driven over the book, a snake persuaded to make mud paintings and some mysteries involving unknown substances.

I'm in the unknown substance camp. What on earth do think I used to make these interesting textures and patterns?

Anyone that guesses correctly goes in the draw to win a free place on my creativity course which starts on Monday. There are five 'components' to guess! I'll pick tomorrow morning (UK time 9am-ish... it's Saturday.... I might sleep late...).

If you don't win, fear not. For just £42 (that's around US$67), you could join us on an 8 week playful journey to the island of Inspiration, on the trail of Technique with the excitement of Experimentation! We will be making art, writing magical prose and generally having a picnic of a time.

(Forgive the shameless plug... I'm just excited to be doing this at last and am a gregarious soul, so would love lots more people to join those already signed up!


Hmm.... What can they be?

Sharing for Paint Party Friday.

12 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you have used, but would say:gauze, colours, mess, enthusiasm and lots of fantasy....Cissies calories are my substitute for not eating them myself! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing food coloring and salt. :)Geez, you have to show a closer shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking ....lol.....it looks like some kind of gel medium but i know I'm wrong.....lol. I say u used inks and jello..... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what ever you used it is gorgeous, translucent and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking wax and food coloring...intriguing...hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, I haven't the faintest idea what you have used, but the colors are so bright. Awesome! My guess would be transparent inks dropped onto glass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guess.... Jello, salt, food colors, papertowel and Watercolors

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like wax, crayons, maybe a small screen...such vibrant colors, pretty cool! Love your new creative business and the class sounds so inspiring--Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know! I can't tell what it is, but I totally love it already! The color and texture is brilliant ;)
    Thank you for your sweet comment and I wish you so much love and luck with your event. I'm gonna be crazy this time with SOC, but I will be watching you from afar, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. My guess is sugar and spice and all things nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just wanted to say I love this!! The colors and texture are quite amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...