Thursday 4 October 2012

Day 4 in the Blogtober House



Hmm... four days in and I'm already struggling to come up with ideas. Mind you today this is the third blog post I've written - the other two for work purposes, so maybe I'm just a bit blogged out today.

So, what to write?

You know what. I'm not going to... I'm going to go downstairs and paint... In the meantime you might like to read this blog post by Umair Haque on the Harvard Business Review website.

He shares his thoughts on why it is so difficult to have a well-paid job with meaning. He pulls out the contrasting examples of bankers and teachers. (The poor bankers do have a hard time of it don't they - always getting picked on! Must be a reason though!!)

It's really worth a read and to me he hits the nail right on the head - with meaning.

Have a read and let me know in the comments what you think and if you agree.


3 comments:

  1. It does get a little tricky, coming up with all that new stuff, doesn't it? I'm impressed you wrote that many blog posts today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't get that link to work...but I have always felt torn, for sure....

    Do I work at a job I hate to pay the bills or paint and be happy....and poor?
    I choose to be happy...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in the pic you chose for this post. Coming up with ideas for daily posts can be hard. Enjoy your painting session...I'm off to check out your link. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...