Thursday 18 October 2012

From the stars


Celeste, daughter of moon and sister of stars

The subconscious is a mighty powerful thing. Hiding at the back of my mind was the Stargazing theme for the Artists' Playroom weekly challenge. After I had scanned my original piece (below), the urge to play further took over and so out came the PhotoShop. Grabbing the first texture that caught my eye, suddenly Celeste was looking down on me from the stars and I had my entry.

Having a painting frenzy this evening, so no time to write. I have to go now, the colours are calling...


8 comments:

  1. The painting was fabulous on its own but when you added the extra from photoshop it became fantastic. Such an ethereal quality to it. I could get lost in that picture, really beautiful.
    Von.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like both versions, but I prefer the pre-photoshop version. You can appreciate all your detailing much better. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are wonderful. Lots of detail and radiant colors. Thanks. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the darker image...she's very mysterious for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for entering this week, your submission is sublime however you look at her. I wish I knew how to use photoshop, look at the cool effects you can get!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to school with a girl called Celeste who looked oddly like this one... maybe all Celeste's have a look... glad the colours are calling you... xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful to see the transformation and your process. I am still very new to Photoshop but I am continually amazed at its capacity to make something deeper, more mysterious, and BEautiful in an entirely OTHER dimension.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...