Monday 14 June 2010

I'm tweeting (quietly for now)

Follow lisawrightstuff on Twitter

OK, so I gave in and decided I had better join Twitter. According to Kelly Rae's course, it's your way of waving to people from your front porch and letting them know what you're up to. If they're really interested then they'll come on inside to your kitchen table blog. I like her analogy.

Of course in the enrollment process, you get to the page where you're invited to offer up to the world your first tweet. And could I think of anything to say in just 140 characters? Err no. I'm not really a 140 character type of girl - I like the words to FLOW. However, needs must so my ground-breaking and revolution-sparking first tweet that will no doubt blow all tweeters away with awe was....

I'm getting connected

Yup, that's all I could think of to say. I felt pretty sorry for myself. Sorry enough to head over here and write some proper words. Maybe I'll go back in a second and tweet that I made a blog post.

So, if you wish to follow my tweets, twirps and tweedles then please do simply by clicking on this magic button. I will try to be interesting, informative and engaging. Let me know if you're a Twitterer too so I can follow your warblings alongside my own. And do share your hot tips and success stories on the subject. I am a helpless fledgling and need all the help I can get to fly!



Follow lisawrightstuff on Twitter

12 comments:

  1. Yeah for joining Twitter, Lisa. I'm officially your first follower. Totally awesome :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I totally sympathize with you. I've been tweeting for about six months now, but I mostly forget to visit Twitter. You could count the tweets I have made in the last few months on one hand. Terrible, I know, and I should be ashamed of myself. I AM ashamed of myself.

    Here is this wonderful tool that will allow us to network like crazy and I can't get interested in it. Don't feel bad about your tweets! I rarely see anything that interesting. I have been reduced to only tweeting when I add something new to my shop. Frowned upon, I know. Maybe I am not following the right people...I'm off to follow you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on twitter but if and when I do tweet I will definitely follow you and I can't believe thats all you said! Too funny,you're usually great with words. That class sounds so good,I guess I better save up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was on twitter and then removed myself. I was getting some weird followers and it was not my cup of tea so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I must tell you, I absolutely loved your comment to Spice Mistress. You are a wonderful writer. You brought real life to the story! It is actually the finishing touch that she needed. I know you will excel at Twitter or wherever you decide to write. You are just amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Well, first off ~ welcome to Twitter and congratulations!

    I can imagine what a struggle it must be to condense your thoughts but it really is a super marketing/business tool AND I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't mention that you can set things up so your blog posts feed directly into your Twitter. Yep, pretty darn cool!

    I even have a nifty little tutorial for setting that up so here's the link: http://plumroselane.blogspot.com/2010/05/adding-your-blog-post-to-your-twitter.html

    Also, now that you're on Twitter, there's a little gift coming your way so check your inbox.

    Again, welcome and I'll see you over in the wire. ;D
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twitter???
    Oh geez, I haven't even done anything with facebook...I can't keep up!
    Doncha love Sharon? She makes it all seem so easy!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've tried twitter, and tried to get into it again months later, but it just isn't for me. i'm just not going to wave from the porch. hopefully people will come on in anyway! :)
    hope you enjoy it tho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go back and forth on this one...will be curious to hear what you think of the Twitter experience as time goes by...be sure to let us know!

    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been tempted lately to start tweeting, and since you are now; I hope that you'll be advising us on the response and any other observations you care to share. For now, I'll watch and wait....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lisa! Just stopping by from Flying Lessons to say hello! Great blog you've got going here. I just got on Twitter last week and am slowly getting the hang of it. Like anything, there is a learning curve. And you've got to find the space where your comfort zone is...ie; blogging, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Geez, so much technology to keep up with. I need to go and paint! Blessings, xoxo Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh lordy I guess I'm behind. I'm not sure about tweeting, just doing the facebook thing right now.
    Well good luck. I'm sure you will do great at it. And yes I agree with Lisa ...Sharon always makes it sound so easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...