Friday 1 April 2011

Something rather special

You cannot imagine how much I have wanted to share this news with you my readers but I have been under strict instruction from the powers that be to keep schtumm until a certain day. Well, my loves that day has arrived and at last I can tell you the rather wonderful news that has befallen me courtesy of one of my avid readers.

Yes, it appears that none other than a certain Kate Middleton has been hanging on my every written word for the past two years and could not allow her nuptuals to pass by without grabbing the chance to meet yours truly.

With access to the sneaky bods at MI5 it was clearly no problem for her to seek out my true identity - though she didn't bother with such subterfuge and just dropped me an email asking for my address. Shortly thereafter a gold-edged envelope was personally delivered by an elaborately dressed footman called, somewhat appropriately, Jeeves. I invited him for tea while I penned my response but he turned his nose up at my run-of-the-mill teabags and instead brought out a flask of the royal blend of Floral Poi - the Queen's favourite apparently.

So, clearly I will be busy on 29th April. I'll be seated on the bride's side of the cathedral if you want to catch sight of me on the telly - five rows back from Amy Winehouse and Elvis - hope I can see over the top of her beehive!

Now, there remains the ultimate challenge.... What to wear?

17 comments:

  1. OMG Lisa this is awesome. I actually got butterflies for you when I read this WOW!!!! Amazing you must be on a cloud a nice holy COW!!!!!

    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter just read this and says Wow this is like intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow is that for real how mental is that !!!! what to wear indeed x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you chose today to share this with us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sense of humor never ceases to amaze me... personally I think that black number you have in your closet should do quite well.
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. GoD!!! you can call me dumb or i prefer trusting ... i believed you when i read this. after reading everyone's comments, i still believe you. i need to hear it from you ... is this real or not? either way i hope i'm still your friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I for one, know what I've chosen to believe.....Congratulations Lisa!! Make sure you blog about it and take lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.M.G.! I believed you! Maybe I still believe you!

    Of COURSE you were waiting for a "certain day" to let us in on the news! Where did you hear this rumor about Amy Winehouse and Elvis? What a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noticing the date and wondering....
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remembering last year was it the Wright Stuff? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah ah ah!!! tsk tsk! I remember last year too well and you totally got me then! Great one!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. All right....wright? I was beleiveing it because I don't know you a bit, just popping by to say hello and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog for my first PPF....But reading the other comments from those that seem to know you a little better and chewing over the comment about Elvis...well, thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG! How exciting! Oh okay, I read the above comment and then the one above that and . . . well you get the idea!

    Anyway! It's still exciting and I'll be watching for you on the telly . . . just in case!

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...