Friday 10 February 2012

A postcard from Belgium


Well, they're at it again, this mysterious couple of correspondents. What a pair of globe trotters.

Reading between the lines, I sense something of a cooling off from our X. Did Y overplay the whole romantic Paris theme last week? Is their current proximity making her nervous? Mind you, the way these two jet from place to place I expect he's on another continent by now.

This is a strange portrait of Monsieur Poirot, the great Belgian detective.While the gold leaf seems to suit, the grunge and clown make-up most certainly does not! I can imagine his moustache is curling in extreme distaste at the very thought.

Well, it certainly looks like it has a story to tell, though we may need to perform our own detective work to discover what... And what's all this about the shopkeeper's facial hair? The mystery thickens.


I'm playing the Postcard Challenge again. My protagonists X and Y are teasing each other from worldwide locations. Who knows where they'll appear next. You can see where they've been on a special page I made.

***

This postcard was created using image transfer technique. It is of course the marvellously talented David Suchet portraying the Belgian detective. When the ink ran I went with the flow and continued to colour him in until he resembled a clown, so I stopped and tried to convince myself he's just standing over a mysteriously murdered corpse under the lights of a Brussels theatre...

26 comments:

  1. Wow a beautiful mysterious piece- makes a very special postcard. I have been away for a while - so nice to catch up on your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BRILLIANT!!!! Love this.*smiles* Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah my favorite detective, Poriot. Avery nice job. I love seeing all the cards you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!
    And the mystery continues....

    ReplyDelete
  5. heheheh brilliant! I'm a massive Poirot fan!!! :0) Great piece and I LOVED Lucy from your last post! What a stunning piece, she is beautiful and I adore her rosy red cheeks!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this works brilliantly, clown make up 'n' all! Pomade, there's a word from the past :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really effective technique, I love your colours and a great choice of Poirot as your image, fab! M

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card....hum I didn't know the lighting in Belgium was bad, but I will try to remember when photographing if ever I should go there.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really effective card. A great fan of Poirot. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That last comment was from mags21.I pressed the wrong button. Sorry .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting effect quite intriguing look you have achieved, like it.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So X likes a man with a moustache...! Love your Poirot pierot (I think thats how it's spelled...the clown in white?):D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super postcard and I think it does suit Poirot to be clown-like sometimes as he usually looks a bit like a penguin.


    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poirot a message from Miss Marple here. X was up to no good in 1912! Lisa if it was you, you are hilarious. I am loving the mystery.
    Y

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great technique with the transfer. Makes the card sort of mysterious. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aloha...a brilliant combo of color and textures...and Poirot... I think of him eating fine chocolates in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome postcard! Love that you went with Poirot. He's my favorite detective. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. great card, I love Poirot. Love that you just went with the flow, it made it totally unique.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the image transfer postcard you have created here - very cool & great textures too, nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love following their travels and your postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is excellent! Love the series, and this makes me smile! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I love the transparency and the colours of this postcard! excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. great technique. I think he's already solved the case.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Valerie, this card is extraordinary!! I love the texture of it...it's sooo appealing!! Love your other cards as well, but for me, this one's a stand-out!!

    Hugs,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...