Tuesday 14 February 2012

A love affair

I'm in love. It's true. I can't keep it in. My heart is pounding, my soul dances polkas and my eyes light up from within.

This isn't the same love I hold for my sweetheart and my gorgeous boy though (for they are both most dear and truly loved in their own unique and special ways).

No, this is a different kind of magic altogether. It's the loving 'what you were meant to do'. It's random paint splotches forming shapes and pictures. It's eyes revealing personality from the page. It's texture, colour, depth. It's mystery, magic. It's Art.

Sometimes I want to create art so much it hurts - a physical pull. Others I feel pain from frustration when what I yearn to put onto canvas just refuses to take shape. Art makes me happy. Art soothes and caresses away the stresses of the day. Art is part and parcel of me.

It took me a while but I finally learnt that I was born to create. Sure I can do other things (and have to!), but creativity is as much a part and parcel of me as my boy and my sweetheart. Creating makes me happy.

Sharing today with a Valentine's blog party with the Fly Tribe - celebrating our love of art.

PS: I was properly spoilt today. I feel loved :)

PPS: If you love art, you might like to sign up (see the button top right) for something exciting I am planning. All will be revealed soon!!

34 comments:

  1. What a wonderful love to have... I agree completely, of course!

    Happy Valentine's Day... Enjoy!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy V-day Lisa♥
    As I was catching up with your posts,
    I noticed the very intriguing adventure you are planning...of course I signed up :)
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about the frustatin thing...have a wonderful day:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing this love affair with us lucky readers; not just today but everyday.

    Happy Valentines Day.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully written! Thank you for sharing. Love & Grace, AnaLisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couldn't have said it better! Thanks for sharing your post and your art. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~you made my ♥ yearn for more...i can feel your words...create away cause its a beautiful gift you behold...happy to hear your day has been filled with l♥ve overflowing...may it remain always...much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great passion in your Love For Art! Thanks for sharing your passions. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post! Happy V-Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Love Day Lisa!! I have fallen in love with art too and it has saved me in many ways.

    Hmmm, I am curious and excited about your surprise! I will have to sign up!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. <3 Art is amazing that way: sometimes I want to smash what I'm working on, but then realize the reason I love it is because it IS hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What LOVEly comments on how art touches your inner core - LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and that gorgeous heart. Happy Valentines Day, x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful post, and heart!! Happy Valentines Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super beautiful post..Happy V-Day..and yes creativity is love and magical!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful blog post...of course I did notice your special notice and had to sign up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Doncha just love falling in love?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your heart and your post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic post and I can recognise much of what you say; I just haven't fallen as hard - yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ain't Love Grand! Love your post and totally agree...art is so lovable.

    Teresa Erwin

    ReplyDelete
  21. ....and isn't it amazing and wonderful that this Art that soothes and caresses you finds its way to the hearts of your viewers too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVE this post, and I totally relate to it! Thank you so much for this, it made my day!

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a wonderful profession of love :-) have subscribed to the new exciting stuff ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Art is pure magic....love it! Thank you1

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great thoughts on love of art!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I thoroughly enjoyed your profession of L O V E! Creating makes me haPPy too! Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful and can really feel your love for your art. Happy Creating

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice post - art does make you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your words...so beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What an awesome "love" to have! Never thought of it that way. Thank you!! happy flying!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...