Thursday 23 February 2012

Quick draw McGraw

You know how I am a bit of a yes-girl?  Well, more of a yes, please actually (because I was brought up to be polite). Well, offer me an opportunity to partake of something interesting, pleasurable, educational, creative, edible.... and I'll grab it.

So, when I was chatting online with Cameron and she asked me to join her in working through Carla Sonheim'sDrawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun (Lab (Quarry Books)) I agreed wholeheartedly... Then got so busy that I couldn't find the time to join in...

Not very 'completing' is it? That's my word of the year by the way.

So, Week 3 arrived and a project to draw your pet in motion in seconds. Come on, I says to myself. Even the most time-starved artist could take a nibble of this one.

And so, with two cats being suitably active (I caught them just before mealtimes when they follow me around like a shadow) I stalked their every move - and believe me there are a lot of them when food is on the cards. It's not so easy drawing a moving beast, but once you figure out that there are kind of three balls in decreasing sizes from rump to head, then it becomes easier.

Note the expressions of disgust on those faces as they cannot understand what is stopping me from moving  to the food cupboard and bringing out their dinner.

I really should go and feed them now...

12 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! I think that look of disgust is the default for felines....haha!

    Okay, So I gotta get a move on now.
    I'll have the link up tomorrow.....cross my heart :)

    ...and thank you, one more time,
    you know why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab challenge and loving your cat sketches, such great characters. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have that book! I´ll check her blog out. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa,love it..........these are gorgeous souls...so beautiful..sooo very expressive...pure magic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I can relate to this!!
    I shall have a go now that I can visualise my kitties as 3 different sized balls.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Carla's book and all th lessons in it. :) You did a great job with this one. I left an award for you on my blog. Check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This all sounds a bit familiar. I had the book on my wish-list for a while, and then out of the blue somebody bought it for me. Hopefully before too long I'll get round to opening it and doing something!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cats have SO MUCH personality!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cats are darling, i never use that word but it fits this time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very good! And the story that went with the drawings was very entertaining! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...