Monday 13 February 2012

Putting the voices on my ignore list

You know the voices. They are mean-spirited and cruel. They wait until you're riding along on the wave of enthusiasm and excitement believing that anything is possible ... Then they start their sneaky little attack.

Tiny whispers begin, like the first snowflakes... barely noticed and gone in an instant... but then the ranks swell and the message gets louder and clearer...

"Who are you to think you can do that?"

"It will never work"

"Make a living doing that? Ha! In your dreams maybe...!

"There are much smarter people out there who can do a better job"

"You'll run out of steam, get bored, want something different after a month..."

Well, I'm sorry you narky little moaners... I've got news for you.... I might have let you worm your way into my conscious all day. I might even have begun to listen. But that's it. You can SHUT UP. I'm not listening any more... Except for the one who foolishly started to mention my dreams. That's right - you forgot something didn't you? Dreams can come true.

I am stating my intention blog readers. I am on the cusp of launching a new creative enterprise. One I hope that will appeal to many like-minded creatives. I love this tribe and want to work with you, to nurture, to bloom together.

I'm not quite ready to share all the details yet - there are many little seedlings that I'm nurturing, so we'll see which decide to bloom, but I'd love to have you on this journey with me. If you'd like to be in on the secret in advance of the rest of the world, you can sign up right here on my blog - see that button top right?

My son told me to believe in myself and if I'm not going to listen to myself, then I sure am going to heed his little words of wisdom. And, as is the way with art sometimes, I sat down to try and free some emotion at my art table and picked up a half finished journal piece. The girl was sitting in her collage thinking and suddenly I saw through the window to her heart. Butterflies. They have faith that they'll turn from a squidgy caterpillar into a beautiful winged creature capable of soaring.

Believe in the butterflies...

10 comments:

  1. you tell 'em! signed up for the news - I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where the voices went to. I thought it had been quiet in here for a while :)

    Love the journal page, and I'm another early bird.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting! Love the collage and the message...believe in yourself because you have such great potential! Thanks for the inspiration, and I'll be sure to sign up (and enter you in my giveaway--thanks!).

    Wishing you dreams that blossom into reality :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you have my attention! I'm game...can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely dreams can come true Lisa... can't wait to see what is blossoming for you :))

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it!
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES, shut them down, it is the only way to breath! Having faith is one of the keys~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell them to shut it!! You are fantastic! And it sounds like you have a wonderful son too! I'm so curious and excited to find out more about your new adventure, I'll sign up now...

    xoEsther

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...