Tuesday 28 February 2012

Wild at Heart

I want to cry. I'm just bursting with emotion and it requires release. But don't worry, these tears are not those of sadness, but more of a sense of overwhelm that comes from experiencing the joy of untold beauty. All I have been doing to kindle this outburst of passion  is simply immerse myself in beautiful art on Pinterest.

There's so much inspiration out there that it fills my heart, fuels my desires and creates a longing to dive into a vat of paint then roll about over canvas. To squirt, smudge, tweak. To add detail, texture and crazy, wildly abandoned lines.

Art does something to me. How can the placement of line and colour on paper bring out such emotion? Perhaps it is because we see something of the soul of the artist. We are given a free pass into their imagination and this triggers a response in our own and forges a connection, an awakening.

Sometimes this makes me feel inadequate, a small dot in the pontilism of great art; but I try to just let it lift me on an inspiration thermal until the metaphors all become too much!

I just paused in writing this to read Kelly Rae Roberts story that she is sharing as part of the Hello Soul. Hello Business course. Reading of her realisation that Art would be her future and then seeing the fairy tale unfold just goes to prove that magic does happen to all of us if we just push ourselves out there and do a bit of personal wand-waving to make it happen.

I have known for but a short time that art resides in my soul. I often wonder how could I have left it dormant for so long? But then, maybe I just wasn't ready to embrace it. I know that it will always be a part of me and that creativity will be how I earn my living. I might not be making money as an artist but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have already alluded to some exciting news regarding an upcoming creative venture (you can sign up to be in on the news first at the top of my blog). Although I'm not quite ready to share all the details, I am a worker bee in the background preparing to unleash something for the creative soul in the next month or so. I am getting very excited and itching to tell you, but I want to wait until I am properly organised and decisions have been made. My branding is being created as we speak and thoughts of this project fill my every waking hour.

This week I am guest hosting on The Butterfly Effect. Weeks ago I determined on theme of Wild at Heart and I created this painting as a base from which I added more digital work. Today she feels particularly appropriate as I bare my soul to art and let the seeds in my heart take root and begin to grow.

The heart is more than life-giving pumping organ. It houses the portal to our soul from where our every emotion is wont to try and escape.

How wild is your heart?

16 comments:

  1. Intriguing! Lovely post Lisa, look forward to hearing more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh... Cannot wait to hear more!!!
    Lovely painting- wild indeed!

    Hugs and smiles of anticipation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the painting--haven't seen you go below the shoulders before. Very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I know exactly what you're talking about and wrote about so eloquently here. It just stirs the soul so see such beauty come through various people. I'll leave you with this quote from As a Man Thinketh "Composer, sculptor, painter, poet, prophet, sage, these are the makers of the after-world, the architects of heaven. He who cherishes a beautiful vision, a lofty ideal in his heart, will one day realize it.Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all, heavenly environment; of these, if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa, you do have a wonderful way with words - and a brush! She's stunning! Takes my breath away! Well, my heart is wild too and I can't wait to hear about your new adventure!

    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, what a passionate, heartfelt post! I love your painting...sorry I have been somewhat absent in visiting lately - stuff - you know. Hope all is well with you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post, Lisa. Very inspiring and moving. I liked what you said here...so true --

    "How can the placement of line and colour on paper bring out such emotion? Perhaps it is because we see something of the soul of the artist."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Lisa..gorgeous art..she has a stunning gaze and beauty to her soul! Shine on in all your new endeavors
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful... beautiful... Lisa... so heartfelt and inspiring... both your words and your art... and I just love the quote... the heart houses a portal to our soul... sigh... gorgeous... thank you for inspiring me...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to hear this secret project of yours! I feel like i can so understand your passion for art, i didn't paint for years when my older kids were younger even though i painted in my head often and now i can'T imagine not painting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~many times i have typed these words...but she alas is now my favorite...i feel your words and share your overwhelming passion...mine comes along the lines of being behind my camera...its amazing how moved we can be when our spirit truly feels and senses what we long to do...i can't wait to see and hear more of what you are up too...and thank you for your sweet birthday wishes my dear friend...they were felt and greatly received!!! be well and much love light and blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lisa,

    I love that piece you just did. I haven't spent that much time on Pinterest. There are lovely things on there. I would hesitate to put my art there after hearing that they pretty much own it after you do. Check this out, http://www.virtualmoxie.com/2012/02/why-pinterest-is-no-longer-of-great-interest.html

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your words always take me on a journey with them....this time into your very soul...

    I feel the excitement brewing...and am so proud of you for following your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always enjoy your words, Lisa. I can see there is an adventure ahead. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very stirring post Lisa :D Like the feeling you get when you look up at the sky to see a glorious sunset....it fills your heart til it's fit to burst :D
    However...I now have this image in my head, of you rolling on canvas..."Squirting" paint from various orifices....hahaha :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. intriguing indeed...and i love your sensual, seductive, just a little shy looking painting! love, love, love! can't wait to hear your news, dear!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...