Saturday 5 December 2009

Peachey

My mouth as salivating as I daydream of sun-ripened peaches oozing sticky juices and dotted with clotted cream. Yum! This week our thoughts at Inspiration Avenue turn to fruit. My interpreation of the peaches & cream theme though seems a bit lacking in anything edible. This piece took ages. I just couldn't get happy with it, so layered and layered and layered (the paint is actually four inches thick!) and I wasted some beautiful epherema by painting over it. Still, it all turned out peachey in the end!


I also could not resist a little digital experimentation and love how this turned out. I think it's Audrey Hepburn, I found the picture in a folder marked 'dreamy'. The flowers were from my garden.

A London auction house sells off some of Ms Hepburn's wardrobe next week. I like to imagine that the buyers will wear their (surely very) expensive purchases - perhaps on holiday in Rome or enjoying a bowl of cereal at Tiffany's. I would certainly feel obliged to retrace her steps trailing behind me a long line of handsome admirers!

13 comments:

  1. love the colors in the painting, they are quite peachy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well despite all the trouble this piece gave you I think it's fabulous! You never disappoint you fans (me being one of the biggest of course!) ;-) Love your extra digital collage as well, gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peachy colours are fantastic! So is your digi art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your efforts have been rewarded and the covered ephemera will add hidden depth. She us all peaches and cream.
    Your digital experiment works too, love the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and did you just out do yourself this time!! all the efforts and buried ephemera was well worth it! this art has substance :) and we all know it! what an absolutely captivating piece my fren :)) and the colors turned out just lovely and luscious!

    the digi art is fantastic as well .. love the vintagey tones of the colors :))

    and how was new moon?

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Moon was absolute rubbish last bloody one she drags me to thats for sure, 10 out of 10 for bum numbness

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and flowing and absolutely peachy! I love the pattern in the background and the beautiful lady's face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh wonderful pieces! Love the thought of peaches and clotted cream. Yum. The image of the lady is awesome, as well. Very pretty.
    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dream-like quality of that photo. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, I especially like the Hepburn piece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your work always, lisa! your creative peach juices are spilling over! i hope someday to be able to figure out digital art....it's very daunting to me but your work "inspires" me to keep plugging away!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it turned out fabulous anyway. Perfect for this weeks challenge.
    The Audrey Hepburn experiment looks like a success too.
    Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so amazingly creative great work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...