Tuesday 14 September 2010

Plumrose


My wonderfully supportive friend Sharon sent me this beautiful key chain explaining that 'since I have seem to have a foot in many worlds, it would be sure to hold the keys for taking me wherever I wished'. A treasure indeed! It twinkles its spells at me daily. "Believe" it whispers and I close my eyes and wrinkle my nose until I'm whisked off on adventures with the elves and the fairies.



One place I often stop to visit on these travels is Sharon's enhanting Plumrose Lane to meet the creative sprite who dwells in its hidden nooks. We've been working together on weaving some words for her creative business and, of course, she created my new blog template. You really should visit. Come, take my hand and follow me through the whispering mists and take a deep breath of the intoxicating magic... Maybe we'll meet Plumrose herself...

Many ingredients whirled in the air as I waved my paintbrush over this piece - collaged papers, fragments of stories, musical mystery, coloured pencils (prisma and inktense), alcohol inks, rubber stamped script and a new purchase - modelling paste which gave that wild tangled texture to her hair.

This creation serves many purposes. First and foremost it is a thank you to Sharon - I wanted to capture something of the magical spirit of Plumrose Lane for her. I'd also like to enter it into a couple of challenges.

Mixed Media Monday - for trying something new - my modelling paste! What fun this is - although it does take hours to dry... Next think on the shopping list is that crackle stuff...

The Three Muses - the printed word. Well, it seems to be my trademark to include some collaged old book in my paintings so this was an easy one - plus I have my gorgeous old script stamp adding its poetry. There was actually a touch more old book in this painting but I'm afraid it disappeared under layers of paint and paste.

36 comments:

  1. I would love to leave a proper comment but I can't see through the tears to do so... I'm so immensely touched and honored.
    Namasté dear friend ~
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... she's beautiful by the way -the painting - , absolutely beautiful (and enchanting, and mysterious and... I love her)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plumrose is beautiful. I can't believe her eyes. Just amazing.
    I love your post all the way. Wish I could see the keychain a bit better. It's hard to tellwhat's what, at least for my old eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know I added your blog button to my blogs to follow list

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Lisa...Fabulous...mega-gorgeous art!! wow..dazzling!

    and super lovely keychain..magical indeed!

    Have a sparkling day full of magic and beauty everywhere!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ... just lovely (both the art and the reason for it). Isn't it wonderful to have friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the painting! Simply lovely! I love the journey's you take us on also. I will check out plumrose!
    Hugs and happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, you've captured Sharon so beautifully! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful art and I love your subtle incorporated word in the piece. I will check out the lovely link!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for your comment on my blog the other day, I love your drawings! It's nice to hear from fellow bloggers! Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, she's lovely and so is the jewelled chain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is gorgeous, and I too think the key chain is great and wish I could see it better, my eyes are getting old also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe there is magic in that key chain.
    Your blog really is enchanting.
    And
    this piece of art is wildly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your girl, especially those dark lips. Your girl artwork are getting better and better!

    I'm still "digesting" all the material of the mermaid course plus organizing the art supplies. (sigh). Too much to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beauty!!! Love the key chain too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so gorgeous! She's beautiful. The key chain is luscious and magical. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful. She is fantastic and of course I love the worded layer so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful painting, full of depth and richness. Sharon will treasure it I know :)

    And the keychain she sent to you is gorgeous - I have a couple of her keychain's myself so I know first hand how fab they are! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. she's just magical....in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful painting. I also love the keychain.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful tribute to Sharon and I LOVE that painting- her eyes are so powerful! Love your new blog look too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful and so meaningful! And that keychain is beautiful too. I'm off to check out plumrose.

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is gorgeous, Lisa!! Isn't the modeling paste so fun?! The Golden's crackle paste--even funner!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Lisa!!!! Yay..i am soooo thrilled...I just recieved your beautiful package in the mail..Hooray! Wow..she is so gorgeous, I love her, she feels powerful as i hold her in my hands..and i adore this magnificent piece of art created by such talent as you!

    Thankyou..I love the beautiful card and everything you so thoughtfully wrote( and funky wrapping paper too..awesome)
    I will treasure this piece...it means alot to me..so happy to have met you. She looks perfect in my home...she will bring me alot of joy..THANKYOU!

    Wishing you great blessings and magic for your generosity of your beautiful art!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Magical pieces for a magical friendship ... Thank you for sharing both :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very striking painting! Love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful!!!!
    oh and thank you very much for her link, i am loving her too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this is stunning, love those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a beautiful painting! Those intense eyes are obviously seeing something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. She is gorgeous, love the colours and tones you have used, texture paste is great isn't it? I really love it too and it's worked so well for her hair here, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I Lisa, I adore modelling paste too :-) Love your piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...