Friday 17 September 2010

Alignment

It's been a day where the universe seems to be slipping into alignment. Just as one thought flows through my soul, so someone pops up to affirm it and tells me "Yes, you're doing the right thing". I feel like I'm on the edge of something special today and it feels good.

I lay in bed last night thinking - which itself was something as I was so tired, I thought I'd be more likely to drop into an abyss of sleep! Earlier this week I'd revisited a page in my notebook where I'd written some goals a couple of months ago. I came across them by accident and they seemed suitable distraction from what I was supposed to be doing so I read them through. Something incredible happened. I ticked things off. Yes, I had written goals and achieved them. I hadn't just thought about what they might be or considered writing them. I'd done it and... I'd done it!

I'm going to write some more this weekend - keep adding to that magical list. My current contract at work is shifting slightly so I'll have a bit more time to focus on other aspects of my business. I want to take a bit of risk (time when I'm not directly earning money) to lay down some future investment (when I hope I will be). I'm going to have some faith in myself and listen to my heart before I suddenly wake up one day and realise that I've let opportunity stroll right on by without even being invited in for a cup of a tea and a natter.


I started thinking too about my blog profile - the one where it says "I'm going to be a writer". Lots of people tell me I already am one and deep down of course I know I am. It's how I earn a living for a start! Why then does it exist here as 'future tense'? I resolved to make that change.



This morning I logged on for a breakfast blog browse and what do I find? Jamie Ridler giving out these buttons? Is this not cosmic karma (whatever that means?). It feels like the creative fairies have taken out a billboard ad that's screaming at me - Hey you! Wake up and smell the coffee... Jamie wrote her post for Happy Friday and I'm going to join her with mine. Let's all grab the buttons our hearts tell us we are and wear them proudly!

But that isn't all. I met a friend for lunch about to make career changing decisions. I preached what I don't practice - guiding her to follow her heart and grab opportunity by the neck (never mind inviting in for a cuppa, tie it down and marry it I say!). I realised what I was saying. It's what I know deep down. My heart is calling - very loudly and incredibly insistently...


But it doesn't end there... Oh no.... I bought a book (admitedly on this subject, so this isn't quite the coincidence it might first appear...). Here's the opening quote from Creative Awakenings by Sherri Gaynor which I read for the first time not half an hour ago:


What in your life is calling you?
When all the noise is silenced,
the meetings adjourned,
the lists laid aside,
and the wild iris blooms by itself
in the dark forest,
what still pulls on your soul?

In the silence between your heartbeats
hides a summons.
Do you hear it?
Name it, if you must,
or leave it forever nameless,
but why pretend it is not there?

The Terma Collective, "The Box: Remembering the Gift"

Could there be more? Why yes, and it's not even half past three... Sophia at Blue Chair Diary poured out her heart on her blog today too. I sat here to write this post but got distracted enough to visit her site on my way and just you read what she wrote...

The Universe does indeed work in mysterious ways. Perhaps I should check out my stars for today... Mystic Meg says:

Your mood is determined, your mind focused and you can take control of your future instead of being swept along by events. You can handle fitness plans and get valuable information about the kind of work you want. Tonight is a mix of fun and surprising love developments.


Hmm, interesting, very interesting... Watch this space...

17 comments:

  1. You are a writer, a very good one.
    It's really weird you wrote this post. I was feeling all out of whack Tuesday and Wednesday. I even told my husband there is something going on in the world because it feels all out of whack. I refused to watch the news.
    I love you commitments and affirmations and how you are going for it. I'm sending you positive vibrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fact that you have achieved your goals, you must definitely write some more, and trust that things WILL continue to magically evolve for you. I'll be watching with interest and encouragement every step of the way x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you are so a writer! Do not doubt! And Mystic Meg is a name I have not heard in a while....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, all the signs (including the buttons) are directing you toward new adventures. How exciting! Go for it! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps. I love the new design of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Lisa...I am thrilled you are embracing all that you are..claiming your power and walking a new journey and celebrating your powerful spirit and all the gifts on your path..Shine on...and look out world..Lisa is igniting in new fabulous ways...ENJOY!
    Great Blessings !!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, you are already a writer, no doubt! And please, if you decorate for fall, let me know and I'll come see your pics...how fun!!!
    Hugs,
    Cindy
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your definitely have a gift as a writer so I will be looking forward to where all of this introspection takes you...Here's to the beginning of another exciting journey for you and for us, your followers!

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this blog. You always send us to coolest places, show us how to grab cool things and you encourage us with your story and your writing... well, I admire that so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! I'm putting all my cash on Lisa Wright! She's comming right down the middle, nobody sees her...she doesn't see them...she is just choo-chooin' straight to the finish! But the finish is only the beginning...best of everything! You can do it Girlfriend...I see how dedicated you are...that's how you win! I have dibs on the first publication. Signed, of course.
    X0X0

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a writer. Always got an interesting tale going. And I love your art.
    Funny, I have been feeling out of sorts myself, kinda lost and wondering why I bother. Then I log on and everywhere I go I see positive vibes. Been doing alot of thinking lately about changes.
    I love the new look of your blog. So fresh and inspiring.
    I'll have to borrow that poem. It pretty much says it all to me.

    Have a lovely and creative weekend, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are most definitely a writer and an artist! Loved reading your post - very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, from my corner of the world I wish you all the blessings in your renewed commitment to yourself.

    “Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” Mark Victor Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lisa, it was really wonderful to see u stop by today. I really have missed all of the creative energy of the past. And the power of your post today is awesome. Have a great Week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, Lisa you are a writer and a very creative one at that. Doesn't it feel good to claim it?Thank you for always speaking from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is so encouraging and inspiring. Thank you for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again! I love this post! the buttons are lovely too and very apt. I too have been wanting to write, and to paint but I never believed I was quite good enough. When I stopped to think about it, I did think I was good I just worried other people wouldn't think so! Then I read somewhere about manifesting things by acting as tho they already happened/exist. I started to refer to myself and think of myself as an artist and writer. Guess what, I got accepted to write a column for our local paper! Just submitted my first offering yesterday! Keep believing in yourself.

    Rona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...