Wednesday 29 September 2010

Think positive


I've been bad. I've been a silly girl. I was painting this Victorian young lady yesterday (for The Three Muses Victorian challenge) and tweeted that I was nervous about painting her hat. I allowed negative comments to lurk around my work table. I thought about failure and what happened...?

Well look!

I was trying to be clever - I have this fabulous Paperchase wrapping paper flocked like Victorian wallpaper - the kind that needs a stately aspidistra balanced on one of those ugly china plant stands parading in front of it. I saw matching hat and cloak in these rich fabrics. Well, I saw that in my imagination. Unfortunately what you see now is a disappointed lass wondering why she didn't ask Rossetti to paint her picture instead! Small children snicker in the background at the 'wallpaper lady'.

Oh well. Maybe I'll cut her face out and start again! Or perhaps she just needs more work... (a lot more work)

Keep scrolling and you'll more Victorian play. Local gothic Victorian architecture ghosted with bleach and mysterious figures - one of whom looks suspiciously like an ancestor of Johnny Depp.



Go back further in time my pretties (all the way to yesterday) and you'll find a better attempt at playing with Victorian wallpaper!

21 comments:

  1. I actually think you had the right idea with the fabric, I think with a little blending she is going to be one beautiful lady! I absolutely love her lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, Lisa, her face is so beautiful I can scarcely turn my eyes away to check out the background! She's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning painting, love the wallpaper idea, especially the colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a lovely play with the theme! Love your work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would keep going with her. Don't cut her face out! I love the wallpaper hat, as well as her face and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty Lisa, you must work on the hat though ...... she deserves it. Tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~her face is beautiful and i l♥ve the contrast of colors you used...must not give up i know you will pull deep within and finish her up to be the most gorgeous victorian hat girl we've seen! warm wishes and brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love her and especially her hat. I think she's pertect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is lovely! And the hat is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think your piece is absolutely stunning. oh how i wish i could paint like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you Victorian girl is wonderful...such a lovely face. And the collage is fantastic love the way you have faded everthing out...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the painting. You are so talented, Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you explained those confidence gremlins showing up. That is how it works for me sometimes. I have two suggestions, I would either work more on the hat, or use collage papers for the hat. The girl is lovely. The second collage is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is wonderful! Love the touch of wallpaper for a beautiful mixed media piece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lady may not be obviously Victorian , but it's a fabulous painting. A great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your comment and for the chuckle...I needed a bit of a diversion (grins). I wish I could create free-hand art as you do! Gorgeous! I look forward to return visits and have joined your followers list. I would love to have you join me as well. Be well. Hugs, Gayle (in Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  17. She is super charming....fabulous Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey dear friend, as far as I could tell, you're doing very well with your Victorian lady. Yes, maybe the hat is a bit odd, but no try no gain! Your girl drawing / painting are getting better and better.

    P.S. I'm still struggling big time with coloring my girl. (SIGH)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love her! The hat maybe needs a tiny tweak but that's all...I think it's just the crown of the hat and the brim need to be a bit... blended in? does that make sense? But otherwise she's perfect.

    Ro xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Scrumptious, gorgeous artwork! Your whole blog is a joy, Wrightstuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...