Monday 27 September 2010

About Art


Art is the product or process of deliberately arranging symbolic elements in a way that influences and affects the senses, emotions, and/or intellect. It encompasses a diverse range of human activities, creations, and modes of expression, including music, literature, film, photography, sculpture and paintings.
Definition found in Wikipedia


What a mouthful eh? Enough to put you off picking up a paintbrush for life! What is Art? Gosh, I can't answer that!

What I do know is, that when I produce what I consider 'Art' is when I can throw myself completely into what I'm creating; when I am pulled into the piece and lost in a magical maze; when I create for me and am moved by what I create. I think that if we do this with our passion, be it music, sculpture, painting, writing or making intriguing layers in PhotoShop - then it's Art! It's drilling down to the soul and letting all that's in there gush out and be free.

Here's some art that poured from my well today. I think it captures some of the magic of the beautiful city of Valencia. It opens the door on the sunshine, the passion. This piece is all about really looking at what's right in front of you and seeing the story. What do you see?


Made from two photos taken in Valencia this weekend and a grungy mask from Shadowhouse Creations. For Mixed Media Monday - Art.

14 comments:

  1. I Love, love, love the haunting feel to this--I want to know the story.
    I know that I'm "into" my art when it's 3:00 in the afternoon and I still have my "pajamas" on because I think it's still morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about art. "I am pulled into the piece and lost in a magical maze." This is so true. All that you wrote about it true to me.

    Your door takes me to a different realm and a different time. You put it all together is a perfectly 'artistic' way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool picture.I love what you said art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got into this one, didn't you Lisa? I like the mere process of creating a page/spread that pleases me. I find that fulfilling and often wonder why I enter challenges... Still I wouldn't "know" you, if I didn't, would I?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your delving into the definition of art, Lisa! Your example is beautifully done. Bravo, my friend. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, Lisa! I also love reading what you write, it's always so informative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect entry; every time you create you open a new door to expression and a place you haven't been before. Lovely collage art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool!! I love the mysterious nature and warm colors - so unique and beautiful, xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A haunting story within a story. This is a wonderfully suggestive piece of art. Gr8!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just see a beginning... a door that can open to all kinds of magical stuff! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, this is so gorgeous. I love your art!

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, whatever art is, this is it! Wonderful! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...