Friday 12 November 2010

The space below


There was a whole world inside of her
filled with stars and caves and demons and gold.
She tinkered and played in that world;
but it was in the space below - in the depths of deep
that the real stuff was. And it was here that she needed to go
Terri St Cloud

Art Every Day month would be so much harder were it not for all the wonderful creative challenges and prompts that stir my subconscious. I'll admit that 12 days in the pressure is on, but the pleasure I get from seeing shape form on paper is far beyond such trifling stresses.

This poetry prompt comes from The Creativity Castle. I saw a mind full of fancies but a locked heart. Who is she trying to kid? Open your heart, be brave and take on the world my friend!

Something a bit different from me. Not quite sure how I would describe this. A sketch? Doodle? Experiment? Whatever! It was fun and that's all that matters. She's also filling another page in my Sketchbook Project.

12 comments:

  1. This is just the sort of art that can inspire stories, poems and songs. The more I look at it the more I see. Like a couple of other AEDM participants I've visited this morning - you are helping awake my sluggish mind and tease awake my imagination. Thanks for this!

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smiles this morning!! :))) LOVE her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great painting..love her eyes they say alot..

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a brilliant and a free creative expression..and I love love love it!

    sometimes I want to just let go like that....being too rigid is annoying at times...especially when I need to work out some emotion...I could really take notes here!

    you've got the 'right' stuff!

    ciao bella

    thanks for your visits and comments..I appreciate the time you take!

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very expressive piece; I love her! Wishing you a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiul Lisa..I love her essence and powerful expression unfolding..like movement she is coming forward ..closer and closer..unveiling more......Id definately hang out with her.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her,she's very expressive. I could just keep looking at her. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the look on her face.

    Her mouth is sort of smiling but her eyes are far away. There is all sorts of stuff going on in her head but she is looking past the person who is trying to talk to her. Maybe a salesperson or someone trying to pick her up??

    Whatever you call it, it is full of meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great prompt and a gorgeous result!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first thought was that she was so full of ideas/thoughts that they couldn't be contained in her mind! Love the play of colour and line! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love her! She is like the Chiquita banana Lady, balancing everything in her life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...