Wednesday 2 November 2011

Art Every Day 2 or more accurately, still day 1

OK, so this is going to be a slight confusion, since I actually created this yesterday evening. Thing is, I'm not going to have time later to create AND post - I'm a busy girl don't you know?

Last night was actually rather lovely. I had to do some work after my son had gone to bed, but once finished, I was bursting with creativity and inspired by my earlier work I attacked old book pages and drew faces. I wonder if it was some subliminal uprising against writing. I'd been crafting words all day... clearly I needed some escape!

However, I WILL create today... It will just have to wait until evening. It's time to start work now, so must dash...

Join in the Art Every Day of November challenge here.

A date for your creative diaries... Tomorrow the wonderful Amy is hosting a live workshop. Well, I say evening because that's what it is here. It's 2pm CST (whatever that is!). Here in the UK we have the 'proper' time - GMT (I know, it's 'mean' but what can I say... some bloke in Greenwich decided he wanted to own it and so he did! We can't knock him for taking the initiative).

Today's/yesterday's piece is oil pastels, coloured pencil and acrylics on old book page.

23 comments:

  1. Nice! I like the textures, brush strokes and highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful - such great texture and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Your work is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lisa..she is breathtaking...and feels very soulful and special..unique!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has such an exotic feel to it. Happy AEDM!
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! There's something facinating about seeing words peeping out from behind a painting isn't there? Your creativity knows no bounds! :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I've been thinking of creating a collection of faces on book pages as well. :) I'm such a pioneer, I know! :))) See you at Amy's tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is GORGEOUS- I love her pose and expression and the way the words shine through is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the face on a book page! That's gorgeous!

    Nice to see you again for AEDM too!

    Warmly,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL work! You are amazing...thanks for the inspiring link to the Creative Every Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful lights and shadows! They give her such a volume.
    For AEDM I create any time during the day, post in the evening and pre programme it for the following morning. I´m always showing the previous day´s work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh she is lovely!!!! I laughed when I read your title - I had the same issue! I figure I will be a day behind all month : )
    Thanks for visiting. I look forward to your creations this month. So much fun to meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is BEAUtiful. I LOVe the scarf - not because you had to put her in a scarf :) - you can actually do hair and ears :))
    my portraits REQUIRE scarves :)
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice work. Love the pages idea...it adds so much mystery to it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. very beautiful. i also love the book pages behind the work and hope to explore that this month. it was nice to stop by today, happy AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a beautiful page and I am really liking these ladies... how nice would they look all together as a series!!
    If you think you are confused about the time, then you should try the Australia thingy... it makes my head hurt... because day 2 for all of you is day three for us... I think... darn need a cup of tea now xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superb, and very vibrant.

    You're not the only one who's creating one day and posting the next, or is that the other way around? :-s

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the portraits that you're doing on book pages - it seems so appropriate for you... The visual and language arts colliding!

    I also think it's fantastic the way you have taken what you have learned from Lynne Hoppe's tutorial but totally made it your own - I can definitely see "Lisa" in these paintings... So cool!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!! She has such warmth and character :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. She is gorgeous, Lisa....she is so relaxed and with such a wise countenance...

    She looks like she flowed so easily from you! Truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving these faces with the book text underneath! I love the idea of meaningful words and phrases peeking through, as in Ingrid--but this one is my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...