Wednesday 30 November 2011

Day 30 - time to reflect

Well this is it. The last day of November and I've done some form of art every day!! I have a big grin on my face... However, it's not really that difficult to pick up a pencil or dip a paintbrush in some luscious colour - not when you love it as much as I do!

I can't believe that I let art drift out of my life for so many years. Rediscovering this missing part of me less than three years ago was a true turning point. OK, so my lounge has never been the same since - we rarely get to use the dining table for eating because it's always covered in half-finished 'masterpieces'! However, look at it this way - I am using the table - it doesn't just sit there all alone with a fancy cloth and a vase of flowers on. It is a part of my creative process!

I would love to have had a peek into the homes of other famous artists over the years. Did Rosetti keep a tight ship? I very much doubt it! Was Van Gogh a neat freak? Unlikely!

Not that I am suggesting I could ever compare myself to these legends of course! I am merely getting in their creative vibe. I am just a girl who loves to paint and above all harbours a true desire to get better; to keep learning; to become a proper artist!

This month I've not had huge amounts for time for creating, but I've learned that it's possible to create some really fun pieces in less than 30 minutes. I found myself creating my series of 'Girls on Book Pages' by accident really, but I don't think any of them took very long to show themselves on the page. The best bit though was the wonderful support I received from you... yes YOU! Thank you so much for all the encouragement to keep at them. I have been very flattered by the interest shown and want to thank everyone for their kind words.

The picture up top has three of my favourite girls framed! It will go up on the wall today. I did struggle to choose which three should go in, but then again, it doesn't really matter. I can just keep swapping them out so they all get a turn eventually!

Art Every Day has not just meant sticking a paintbrush in my hand though. I have also been on a virtual gallery tour with some incredible artists. What wonders we have all shared this month. What inspiration! I've made new friends and connections, marvelled, been intrigued and taken on a wonderful creative journey!

I would like you all to join me now in raising a glass to toast our host - Leah Piken Kolidas. Thank you Leah - for bringing us together, for the friendships we've formed and for bringing all that delicious art out of us!

Cheers!

16 comments:

  1. Three well-chosen beauties.
    Isn't this what dining tables were really meant for?
    I have enjoyed your girls on pages and will follow your art and writing. Keep us posted as to your literary progress:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Lisa--art every day really is a great form of therapy--so there's another excuse to purchase those art supplies--much cheaper than a therapist!
    Keep creating--whether it be with a a paintbrush or pen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladies look good together! It really has been a fun month, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed following your process. I too let me art fade from my life and reclaimed it 7 years ago. I once did a 40 pieces project in a week and the accomplishment of completing the project still lingers with me. I found the most rewarding part of the exercise was the discovery... A person works so hard just to get through it, that sometimes you have to just let it flow!! Congrats on your achievement. It matters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on being creative every day. I love your girls, thanks for being inspiring. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations you have done brilliantly and love these ladies in the frame. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on making it to the end. Hope to see you lurking around on CED, and thanks for the comments (still not sure about the chicken video though).

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, Congratulations! That is an accomplishment to create every day! Love the selection of lovely ladies you selected to be framed too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful group of ladies and art you have created this month! I salute you - cannot imagine how we find the time, but those of us who must create...well... MUST!

    Love the trio above!

    Smiles
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cheers to Leah!

    I have so enjoyed seeing your girls come to life on the book pages this past month, Lisa. I'm going to follow so I don't lose touch.

    Btw, the link you put on AEDM Day 30 leads back to the AEDM page. You might want to put a fresh one up.

    I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful art over the coming months. Well done on completing the challenge!

    ~ Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats on completing aedm, I'm going to get my glass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've enjoyed seeing your "girls on book pages"--and these three look really great framed together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should be proud! You've done an amazing job keeping up your commitment to art....such perseverence...good practice for the book deal ;P

    I love the way the 3 girlies look in that frame! A wonderful reminder of the artist within and what she is capable of!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved watching you paint all month - a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully said! I have so enjoyed making new blogging friends and finding new inspirational talent to follow! Like you. Your book ladies are just delightful and I've enjoyed seeing each and every one. Can't wait to see what the next month brings.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful ladies! I love them together.

    Thank you so much for joining in AEDM this year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...