Tuesday 1 November 2011

A new diet

It's all about the Art...

Leah is once more hosting Art Every Day Month. I joined in for the first time last year - it's a real tonic and I unleashed so much creativity. Imagine yourself in a fancy schmancy health spa having your inner creative pampered from head to foot. Sessions with therapists will reveal how the mere act of creation - rather than the end result - is great for the psyche.

You'll find your skin changing to every colour of the rainbow - usually on fingers and hands, but let's face it, paint gets everywhere! What you feel inside will be reflected outside. You'll relax into your art, immersed in colour and texture and, best of all, you'll be surrounded by a lovely bunch of fellow artists all sharing their wonderful outputs.

Art Every Day Month is not about creating 30 masterpieces (though naturally that wouldn't be a bad outcome!). Instead, it's an opportunity to flex a few creative muscles and maybe try something new. All this will come from you - there's no training or videos to watch. It's just about you practising the art of creation every day and seeing what happens.


If you need help though, there's plenty on Leah's blog and of course there are so many art challenges around that can give a nudge - there's Inspiration Avenue for one. This week our theme is Art Nouveau. Just google away and you'll easily find that a plethora of online courses, YouTube vids, books... inspiration and guidance is everywhere. Or why not just see where your Muse takes you. Grab a pencil and a sheet of paper or some scraps of torn magazine and glue and just see what happens.

Today I was inspired by Lynne Hoppe (via a link on Amy's site - Amy's hosting a live tutorial on Thursday - check it out!!).

Mixed media on old book page. Took about 20 minutes. I'm pretty happy with how this turned out.

18 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed... this is lovely. I am so glad to know I will be participating in AEDM with old friends and new friends... love this process, enjoy always your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work...love your art and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work; stay creative! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work, she's very serene :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds like fun! I like the book page, too! a creative spa? sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brava ! Looking oh so good already ! Enjoy the art feast !

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is fantastic! The text peeking through is a perfect compliment to her gentle face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I'd be happy if I could draw half that good! I'll stick with mixed media and you may continue to impress me with your painting and drawing skills!

    I joined Leah last year, but haven't even thought about it this year. Guess I should try a few days, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is gorgeous! I did AEDM that last year for the first time and enjoyed it. I had forgotten about it till I read missy's blog and then signed up. It should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For 20 minutes it is astounding! You truly have a beautiful talent, happy AEDM day 1 :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty piece! Here's to another fun AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are part of AEDM as well as I get the excuse to visit a lot more often and this is very cool... 20 mins !!!... you are just showing off now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, softly colored piece. I love the bits of text showing through, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful artwork! I agree with you about AEDM - it really gets me creating! Here's to a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :))
    you visited lynne.

    i love lynne.

    i'm so inspired by her use of casein - and mine finally arrived today! whoot!

    this looks great - i ALWAYS admire your faces.

    also, i meant to tell you that the halloween photo you posted yesterday made me like you 70000 thousand times even more than i already did.

    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a love piece. I love the softness of the colors. Happy AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to a new month of creativity. i joined the last time round but near the end, so I am looking forward to a nice, fresh start:)

    Your artwork is lovely. Very ethereal feel to it, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the way you explained this! Really pleased I've joined now, after my initial hesitation/decision to definitely not! It's going to be fun and have already met a bunch of new people on day one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...