Saturday 12 November 2011

Junkie

Kirsty

I can't get enough of online courses it's true. Amy's been hosting live lessons where we all paint along together (and some of us drink wine too.... and eat marmite on toast - mainly those of us in the timezone  where a) consuming alcohol at that time of the day is socially acceptable; and b) we have eaten marmite long enough for us not to question its looks and taste.

Last night Amy had a little help from Manon who taught us how to create her quirky girls. As you can see I put a lot of effort into her face, but regrettably by the time I got to clothing, limbs and background the wine was starting to have something of an effect! I quite like her though. She makes me smile! Seems fitting to post Kirsty for Sweet Saturday too.

These sessions are naturally helping with Art Every Day Month - it's a real community feel as we all sit across the globe dibbing and dabbing with our brushes and colours.

On Monday I start another course. This time something very different for me - Surface Pattern Design. I met our teacher Rachael Taylor at the Do What You Love Retreat earlier this year. She is quite an inspiration (and also The Happiest Person on Twitter!). More on this to come! (Can't seem to get the picture to work - there's a tiny box underneath this sentence that will take you to more info!)

21 comments:

  1. beautiful piece and whoa, why haven't i heard about these classes earlier?! art and wine sounds great to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!!! I love the idea of all being online together at the same time making art. I moved this past year from a home we'd been in for a decade. Missing my artists group there as they are about to meet up again soon for making art. I told one of them to bring their laptop to the session and Skype me in! I'll just make art from here. :) Can't wait to see what else unfolds from your upcoming class, too... Miracles! k-

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so cute, love this one, especially the blues too. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece and glad you are enjoying your classes. Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like great creative and social FUN !

    - KAT -

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's so whimsical and very sweet ~ love the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute and fun...love her whimsical glance and quirky character!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her!!!You cracking me up about dressing her while under the influence of alcohol. I tell you what I had to drink nearly a whole bottle after you lot letting me snif that wine while teaching. I still have a hangover but it was well worth it! Lovely meeting you in class and hopefully we will see each other again soon!!!
    Manonx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of various people around the world joining together to drink wine and eat marmite on toast lol. :) Such a sweet little girlie you painted too. I'm very envious of your classes with Rachael Taylor, I love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am so glad you were there last night! i am ordering some marmite today.
    it's not sold here and my curiosity is out of control :))

    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great class, wine, everyone creating together...can't get better than that!
    A very cute painting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute! That class sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your painting is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you take so many classes and I always see so much growth in your art as you explore and create! This little miss is very sweet, and yes, she makes me smile!

    Great job! Can I come have some wine with you???

    smiles and hugs
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm completely addicted to these classes, too! I just love that we are all there ion one place...gabbing like school girls....and creating away...

    I'd love to have a course be at a suitable wine consuming hour for me....but, I'll take what I can get...haha!

    Your girlie is a cutie...and I love the addition of the feather...tres' whimsical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh she is as cute as can be!!!!! what a great character Lisa...I love her.....so cool that you share your good paints with your son....I know when I let Cole use my stuff he feels ever so proud!!!

    Have a wonderful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you did a "popjes", I wish I had been there, but I'll try to get to the recording of it... I've just started following Amy and Natasha's altered book "class"and am going to work that through... if there was only more time in the day to see evrything I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  19. YES! It was so much fun - even though I was cleaning the house ;( and didn't really paint along with you, I hope to join in again and for real next time! I LOVE what you did in class and think your little one is adorable!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, love the fact you used so much blue and the feather was a great touch xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...