Saturday 5 November 2011

Err...

Eva
Well, it looks like I just can't stop drawing these girls on book pages... Last night I wasted a lot of time working on a bird piece that was collaged and painted and waxed and tweaked... But in the end, it just didn't tweet it for me.

Then, just as I was about to go to bed, the Muse gently nudged me back to the art table. "Go on... just one..." she urged. What could I say? When the Muse calls you listen (or she sulks for days refusing to come out to play). Then one face turned into two and the clock ticked way past my bedtime...

I love how I can get away with giving these girls messed up hair. In this sense they are very self-portrait. I have never been able to tame my fine mane. That's 'fine' as in thin and weedy, rather than a spectacle of luxurious coiffure.

Still there's plenty of other parts of me that chug along happily without being tamed. My imagination certainly enjoys being free to roam. Last night I scored a golfing hole in one in my dream. Everyone bought me a drink. It was very jolly... But later I was trying to find my way home and lost in Brighton while looking for Waterloo Station. It promised to be a long search as it's about 60 miles further north in London! Then before I knew it, suddenly I had match-side seats to watch Liverpool play some other team at football, but all the guys I was with said they'd prefer to go to the cinema... It's a strange old world that subconscious...


Samphire
(I knew it wouldn't be too long before a mermaid demanded to be included in this set!)

Day 5 of Art Every Day Month - I'm having so much fun!! It's never too late to join in.

15 comments:

  1. More awesome work! Amazing how sometimes a series just speaks to you and there really is nothing you can do but go with it! Loving this collection of beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work again! You should try filming that dream! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work again! You should try filming that dream! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your muse torments you and that your imagination is so active.

    The girls you create are beautiful, real stunners. I am going to go back to drawing girl faces quite soon, but just now I am having a go at the men.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your muse torments you and that your imagination is so active.

    The girls you create are beautiful, real stunners. I am going to go back to drawing girl faces quite soon, but just now I am having a go at the men.

    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love each and every one of your faces. I'm a bit addicted to drawing on book pages too - though mine I just quick 5 mins sketches with alcohol markers, nothing like as fantastic as yours. But I think you have inspired me to actually spend time and energy doing one so thank you for sharing, much love Jennibellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another 2 fab pages of girls, love them. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool. i really love the yellow bit beneath the eye in the top portrait.

    the mermaid is AWESOME. i can't do anything right with green. you sure can.
    xxa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that your muse is an enabler!!! just one more made me laugh... the lips on the top one are really eye catching... can't wait to see the girls tomorrow... how good would these look all framed up in a huge set... that would be one cool wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these images of yours. I hope the muse keeps nudging :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I found your blog, I love your faces! The expressions on each woman's face are so unique. They each have a voice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your girls. they are so ethereal. So happy to have found you through AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful are these girls, Lisa. I love them, and I like that you used completely different colors in the paintings. I can't even say which one I like better, they're both so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JUST GORGEOUS MY DEAR. I was over at your other blog as well, and I want to thank you for your visit yesterday. And yes, I am a fairy. SMILE!!!!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Lisa, so so beautiful as usual! I love your girlies and especially the messed hair! I have the fine stuff too! Eva is really speaking to me - just love the style.

    Jessi xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...