Friday 28 August 2009

Quoting creativity (2)

In another moment of glorious serendipity I alighted with anticipation upon this week's 'Theme Thursday' challenge to discover that they are thinking along the same lines as yours truly and have chosen 'beautiful words' as their subject for us all to dabble in delight in.

So, for the second time this week, I continue my journey among creative quotation and borrow inspiration from the creative thoughts of others. Today we thank Alan Alda for bringing life and colour to the page.

I willingly leapt into the wilderness for this - a wild and romantic garden overlooked by a brooding medieval castle, whispers of magical creatures and secret pathways to the depths of the imagination. The more I create, the more I do indeed find myself and I'm starting to like what I see.

Much of this work was prompted by my 'artist date' yesterday - just me, my muse and a very magical place - but more on that in another post... (you see it better if you click to enlarge).

(Very) mixed media - scrapbook background, collage, acrylics, photography and photoshop.

Speaking of creativity... I'm planning on signing up for the second of these two journaling supernova classes in September from the Land of Lost Luggage. Very excited!

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quote beautifully supported with your imagery. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind comments! It's a pleasure to meet others along on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blending and layering to back up your quotation. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and enchanted piece- deep and alluring. Wise words as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Love your piece, the colors are grand and the quote is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty piece--that's a wonderful quote!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This piece is beautifully done, I love the colors and composition.
    I also love that quote, I am a big Alan Alda fan.
    We just watched the “The Four Seasons” last weekend and plan on seeing more of
    his movies this fall. Most we have seen before but after so many years it’s fun to
    have another look at some old favorites.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful piece, all that layering, colors, and images. Muse dates really work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also,

    I just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a meme award. You can opt out if you wish. I so totally understand if you do not wish to participate. This was just to show you how much I like your blog and wish to share it with my readers.

    Rules-list 7 things about you others do not know. Then list 7 blogs to nominate for the award.

    Again, you don’t have to play.

    Kelly Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely result of your mixed media. I've signed up for the second part of the Super Nova Art Journal Class too. I have most of the materials already and am grateful it's a little more than two weeks away, gives me some time to tie up some other loose ends. So much fun to have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovley, so positive and bright, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! You're definitely making wonderful progress with your art! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always enjoyed this quote and your digital makes the whole thing outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...