Wednesday 7 October 2009

Completion

What do I wish to complete? The big question for this week's Wishcasting. And, let's face it, this could be a big list...

If you've ever done those personality questionnaires, there's one where a category listed is 'completer/finisher'. That's not me. Oh no, no, no, no. I'm always leaping onto the next project, bursting with new ideas. That's not saying I don't do things when I have to - it's more that it's not my natural leaning and while I'm 'on the ball' I'm a real perfectionist, going the extra mile and adding unique and special touches. It's just that filing and post-project evaluation just doesn't float my boat when there's something new and exciting to plan and perform - the temptation of a creative brainstorm drags me away from tidying up loose ends. Thinking about it, I probably do it emotionally as well. Last week I talked about burying all those difficult feelings you don't want to think about under the floorboards. I guess that displays very much the same trait. The let's just leave that 'evaluation' to one side and move on with life... And so, as we've learned, life's little difficulties don't just go away. They wait patiently to be dealt with...

Well, enough rambling. What do I want to complete?

Let's go for something realistic, a task that just requires some gentle pushing in the right direction, a few words of encouragement and a dash of application. I want to complete the opening of my Etsy shop!

Wow, I said it... openly admitted my desire and, most importantly, believing those who tell me my work is good enough (something I'm not very good at!). So, I plan on completing a few more items that may (possibly) be worthy of sale, planning an grand opening party and inviting you all to join me for a virtual glass of bubbly and a fancy canape. I've already rented the space. Presently all white walls, lots of natural light and a few pot plants so, shall we set a target date of November some time? How nice it would be to sell a few artworks and other creations... dream....

Pop along to Jamie Ridler's wishing well to join in the fun with the rest of the wishcasting gang - and, better still, join in too.

Picture above is the first artwork I sold!! I was well chuffed. A friend bought it, but still, they were willing to pay good money for it. Mixed media on canvas - collage & acrylics. Raspberry Ripple.

30 comments:

  1. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    Ha, just the same to me. I really want to be a part of Etsy, but I feel so unsure about the whole thing. Can I manage all this in a foreign language? What about the payment? How will this all work?
    So take a look at the whole thing from this way: You can do this in your own language, it's so easy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I lovingly wish for her also.

    I hope to buy something in your Etsy shop eventually...

    Thank you SO much for mentioning the kissing cowboy ...I feel like that made him more likely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    You can make it happen! I look forward to shopping in your store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I hope you do indeed open a shop! I would love to see more of your work.

    This pieces is so yummy and juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As Lisa wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    Way to go on selling a painting, affirming yes?!

    Peace,
    WRO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too put off my etsy shop for so long but once I went over there and listed things, I felt really good! You can do it too!! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lisa wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her!
    The very first thing I thought when I opened your page..how delicious that picture that is!! Well... you need to come talk to me hon...the Etsy thing..we got it...can I help?? Namaste. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Lisa wishes for herself, so do I wish for her as well.

    Love your painting - it reminds me of sugar plum fairies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Lisa wishes for herself, so too do I wish for her

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa,

    congrats on selling your artwork! It's a super piece. and also for opening up an Esty shop. I need to do that too! Thanks for the kick in the pants. please invite me to your opening! I'd love to see how it all works and check out more of your artwork.

    Enjoy! Giulietta

    ReplyDelete
  14. As Lisa wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also. You go girl, open that shop - your enthusiasm is felt all the way over here - I know you'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As Lisa wishes for herserf, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! I can't wait to see your Etsy shop:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I will be there right beside you for your opening day toasting your success with a glass of bubbly. May it be so!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to your Etsy Shop!!! As you wsih for yourself I so lovingly wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    Just an idea, since so many of us are interested but tentative about Etsy, you should blog about your experience opening your shop.

    By the way, I will definitely attend your party.

    Wishing you peace and goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...rasperry delish! Your friend obviously has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh I can't wait for your Etsy shop to get going... yay! As Lisa wishes for herself, so I too wish for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. As Lisa wishes for herself I so completely wish for her as well...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lisa, imagine me sitting at your Etsy store with my fabu Scottie bag on my lap just clicking away on all of your fabulous offerings!

    You know I have that purse...can the rest of this vision be far behind?!

    As Lisa wishes for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations and what a great wish/desire!
    As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  27. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the raspberry piece - dropped into it straight away!! THis week when I was teaching part 2 of a Reiki class we talked about flower essences, & one of the students mentioned visioning artists mixing essences (the energy, not the fragrance of flowers) into their paint!
    The first essence I purchased was raspberry = "Kindheartedness!" & do invite me over to your openhouse :) (my dau-in law sells cloth diapers & fimo necklaces & such on her etsy shop - angelbums :)
    As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish also!

    ReplyDelete
  29. As Lisa wishes for herself, I wish for her as well.

    You're fine. Someone has to hold all the big ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh do go ahead and make your Etsy shop. It is on my wishlist for the coming year too. I used to think you needed a lot of stock to open one but have seen many - MANY! - with only four or five items. Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...