Sunday 4 October 2009

Come here gorgeous

I'm on a roll - 2nd entry for Sunday Scribblings...

It was our first date. He didn't know I was such a lightweight when it came to alcohol. Two glasses of wine should really be my limit, but he kindly procured a third while I visited the ladies', so I felt obliged to at least have a mouthful or two. The merlot rushed around my bloodstream, heightening senses, shaking off nerves.

He was pretty nice mind, we had plenty to talk about. Good-looking, charming, an easy way about him. I found an excuse to slide closer along the sofa, so we had a bit of body contact. I flirted, he flirted back.

Time was our enemy and we had to leave. He walked me to the taxi rank and it seemed natural to hold hands. Regrettably there was no queue and line of rumbling black carriages waited to whisk their passengers off into the night. No more time for small talk.

We said our goodnights and arranged another date. Heady with drink I probably gave him 'that look'. Heads moved closer. Lips brushed, then parted. He maintains to this day that I practically devoured him, that he was innocent of any unseemly behaviour! All I remember is a very nice kiss that had me grinning like a Cheshire cat all the way home. I've had a lot more from him since then.

Kiss, Kiss Sweetheartxx
For the avoidance of doubt - picture is not us!!

8 comments:

  1. Aww, I loved this! Great reading this, thanks for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! I'm panting. I have been accused of worse when I was drunk (or tipsy), some of it I even remember doing! I hope you win, this is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keith should be ashamed LOL This was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think he is teasing you ;-)
    I read several of your posts and so much in my head to say to you. First your art is awesome! stay busy creating is the best you can do for yourself and so glad to hear you got that pair of boots, that chapter was something else, right? everyone i've been reading has been melt and fried with that chapter including myself.
    you have involved yourself in so many challenges, it has been a while since i participated on any, thank you for inspiring me to try them again.
    Talking about challenges here is the five word challenge ;-_

    ~words
    ~rain
    ~chica
    ~networking
    ~bliss

    Muchos hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another one ... good try but I preferred the kiss of the boots ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it interesting how two people have different accounts of the same event, especially when wine is involved! Nice story, fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like an on-going romance....the best sort!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...