Tuesday 2 March 2010

The adventures of a peacock handbag


Come on now, admit it, what lady doesn't love a handbag? And what lady doesn't covet one that stands out from the crowd, jumping on shoulders and yelling "Hey, look at me!" Funny then that the term 'peacock' as well as having the obvious avian connotation also means someone rather proud of themselves; a bit of a show off. That's me my friends when I'm out with this feathered beauty. What do you think? Likey?

When I saw this for sale on the Etsy shop of one of my new blog chums I knew we were made for each other. So what that it had to cross half the world to get to me - that's obviously what the feathers were for! It comes from a truly magical place of the Raven Moon. You should pop along to the blog to be enticed by stories of spider people and pebble power.

Handbags and Gladrags

A bag of such beauty and magic deserves more than sitting in a cupboard waiting for an extra-special occasion so I've taken it out to meet a few people (and make them turn a little green around the gills).

A ladies' networking event was an outing opportunity not to be missed. If nothing else, when you're standing in a room where you barely know a soul, a handbag like this is talking point enough to break the ice. We had a wonderful time together and made the beginnings of some new friendships. It felt wonderful to be in a room of 'like minded women' (for that is indeed the name of said group), a bit like suddenly being surrounded by your peers when you've been all alone for ages. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one.

Today, I was working with one of my regular client companies. I just knew that my 'boss' there would love to see my purchase and she did not disappoint. In fact, she went so far as to say that it made her happy! Ah me too... The power of the handbag....

15 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic handbag!!! Great post too! I'm off to check out Raven Moon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful eyeful - thank goodness we don't have to emulated the dowdy peahen! Poor thing, she really should requisition a few of her partner's tail feathers. No wonder this was a conversation piece. I should carry it where ever I go if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's a real statement bag, so unusual!There is an award for you over at mine, but I have just realised that you already have it - the thought was there though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I live in a small town and that would really make heads turn, it if fabulous.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. That bag is a work of art. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag and would also love to have it, although being of the peahen ilk, would probably never take it out for a spin. Glad you did, though; I'll bet it was great fun showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh rapture, it has arrived!, I was starting to panic a little, I know I live on the underside of this great earth but im sure the post can do better than that. When I posted it the lady asked if I wanted the ticket to track it, 'Naaaa' I said and she threw it in her rubbish! never again ! hahaha
    So glad you have given it the life it so deserved. I cant think of a better owner!
    and your boss is right! it does make you smile!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous bag! It has Lisa written all over it, I reckon! :)

    P.S. Your Peter the rabbit almost scares the daylight out of me, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holey moley! that must be one of the most beautiful handbags i've ever seen! just gorgeous!! definitely a head turner!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing bag! you make a good point about having a stand out bag at a networking event. It give people something to talk to you about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous bag, I love Raven Moon's work- it's all beautimous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it's gorgeous! I'm going to visit her shop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All hail the magical power of the handbag. Well you can be proud as a peacock for that one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the perfect sized bag. It is large enough for the things you need but not so large that it’s overpowering. It is an eye-catching style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for joining in my Feb celebrate your Muse Blog Party - your work is an inspiration! I've posted a link to your blog here:
    http://mudbaymusings.blogspot.com/2010/02/inspiration.html
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...