Friday 5 March 2010

In the pink

I don't know why this didn't occur to me before... Since my ex-husband I separated and he moved out, I never really thought much about decoration. In fact, the whole idea just seemed like too much effort - what with bringing up a small boy and working and everything else.

Now, following my kitchen painting exercise I appear to have bitten the bug. Whilst I admit that I didn't actually have to do much actual labouring in my kitchen owing to the fact that the insurance company paid for it (I had a rather unfortunate water leak in my airing cupboard which came through the kitchen ceiling - messy!), I am nonetheless on a roll.

However, I'm also sensible (well, sometimes). I'm starting slowly with the smallest room. With only 1.5 walls not tiled, this is not too onerous. In fact, most decorating can be done by purchases from lovely shops like John Lewis and HomeSense (oh joy!).

It all began when I was wandering around BHS looking for inspiration for boyfriend's birthday. Well, truthfully, I was walking past en route to a 'man' shop and got distracted by the thought of pretty things for my kitchen in their homeware department. I spotted such a lovely little towel ... for my bathroom.

What gorgeous colours. I could go all aqua...

No! Suddenly an idea sprang to mind that put a large smile upon my face. Never mind the aqua - let's be a little more daring... let's go PINK! With no grown man in permanent residence I can be as girlie as I like...
Well, dear readers, let's just say that as you approach my bathroom now you may be forgiven for thinking that some strange alien technology is beating in there as it pulsates a pink glow from the neon shower curtain and larger than life bathmat. And this is before I paint me some artwork...
I have decided that the walls will be aqua though. I think there's only so much pink that even I can handle.
PS - six year old son not that impressed... "but pink's a girls' colour Mummy...." Boyfriend has yet to see - I fear this post may put him off visiting!

16 comments:

  1. You go girl! I love pink and aqua together. A perfect girly bathroom.Have fun and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our living room and hallways were once a bright pink. When we bought the house they were that color and both my husband and I loved it. Although, I would not have been daring enough to paint it that color originally, I did repaint the rooms several times in the same shade of pink. I cannot wait to see your finished rooms complete with your artwork. I know they will be beautiful. Have a wonderful time decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly what I would do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy the time alone and decorating decisions made by yourself!! no one to compromise with is a very fun thing!!! take photos so we can see!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bathroom sounds electrifying! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the colour pink, so rebellious, so awesome! I love it. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha!!!!! oooo i think neon pink and aqua would be fantabulous together!!!! think saree, think retro, think rebel ... if you ask me ... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you go, make it girly, girl!!!!!
    pink all the way!

    ciao bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES YOU GO GIRLS love it!!
    Love your writing as always, makes your readers feel like they are right with you in the store when the light bulb went on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a pink and turquoise bedroom when I was a teenager--loved it! I always told my young students that there are no "girl colors" or "boy colors"--colors are for everyone! Sound like you are having fun....hope to see photos when you're done. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. go for it! love that you are being daring with color. it is only paint! I painted my whole kitchen blue. some people love it and some hate it. I had paint leftover so I painted another room entirely blue. once you start you will be hard to stop! happy weekend and happy painting! ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pink bloody pink :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all need pink- it's the color of the heart!
    Enjoy your weekend!

    PS: I totally understand about the collage box! sometimes there are temptations everywhere, but one must choose carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo! You go girl! Pink and aqua together... what a delight! Congrats on being adventurous and bold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good thinking, its funny how we forget we are allowed to go crazy and do what we want, woo hoo, Im behind you all the way! it sounds like a room you cant help but smile in. Happy washing, brushing and peeing ; ) hehe

    xxx
    sheree

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I love the pink rebellion! You use that bathroom every day, so enjoy it to its fullest bold, pink glory. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...