Wednesday 3 March 2010

It's nearly 8pm

It's nearly 8pm, I need to do an hour or two of work then off to bed for me. I rather naively believed that when I went self-employed I'd have more time to myself but that does not appear to be the case. I'm either working, networking, doing admin or feeling guilty about not doing admin. I've hardly picked up a paintbrush in the last couple of weeks and need to complete (well, to be truthful 'start' would be... well... a start!) a special painting by Sunday.

Sunday my friends begins a wonderful art auction with the Inspiration Avenue Etsy Group - a very talented group of ladies who allowed me to join their ranks. We are all auctioning one of our creations for the Angel Faces charity (just click on the blog badge for more details). Do pop along - you may just spot something with your name on. Now there's an idea. Maybe I should create a painting and give her a popular girl's name so some doting relative can't resist buying... Hmm.

It's wishcasting today with Jamie Ridler. She asks us what we wish to have more time for. I'm careful about wishing for more time when self employed as a sudden rush of free hours means I'm not getting paid! So maybe I'll pass this week and wish instead for better time management. You see, I shouldn't really be here blogging when there is work to do and it's nearly 8pm already...

On the bright side, I got to spend time with my boyfriend today when I took him out to celebrate his birthday with a yummy lunch. A grand time was had by all! Happy Birthday Babes! xx

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog today! Love your work and I can definitely relate to this post....yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time management is so important. Tell your boyfriend I said Happy Birthday!

    As WrightStuff wishes for herself, so I wish also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Wrightstuff wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time management is a challenge for me too--I spend too much time on the computer, but there's so much to discover! As Wrightstuff wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    P.S. Oh my god the bunny, I'm really inside the rabbit hole. HELP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw - lovely times with your fella. Always a good way to spend time.

    Yes, working for yourself (I find) means actually far longer hours, but I find I enjoy it sooooooo much more that I wouldn't have it any other way. I dart between computer, paintbrushes, cooking tea, assisting with some child-oriented task or another and then back to networking, admin, blah and it goes on and when I look behind me, I don't just have dust bunnies, I have dust giants in my house!! And the whole place looks like one big messy studio and we have to find footspace across the floor - ha ha, all good fun though!

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain Sweetie!

    As WrightStuff wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for visiting my blog dear! sounds like you are a busy woman, funny how there is never enough time...the computer seems to steal it all!
    hugs,
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems as though there is always something standing in our way, sounds like you had a nice day though.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. there are certainly some luxuries to self employment, but it usually just means that we have to work harder.

    and as women..when aren't we working in one way or another, right? lol

    ciao bella...

    ReplyDelete
  11. ~bright belated birthday blessings and time management wishes for you and yours...there is an award awaiting your arrival on my blog...please feel free to swoop it up if you shall like...i adore your witty charm, humor and always L♥VE your art...brightest blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always wish for time to stretch as I need it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also! Such a pretty blog!!! Love the rabbit photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what, your idea with the painting is what I'm doing. I have though another reason. I do it through my synesthesia. I am a synesthesian painter. My brain intertwines colors with names and numbers means that I see names as a whole picture. As being synesthete I live a life in colors. Synesthesia means that I see colors when I see words and numbers.I transform this in paintings of names and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh I wish for time too! but it never seems to come, in fact the more kids I have the less it seems of it there is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. As Lisa wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
    May time become our friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...