Monday 8 March 2010

My new little venture

I am very excited to be sharing this with you. For a long time now I have been reading somewhat jealously about wonderful creative retreats many of my blogging friends are going on. I've loved reading how women get to step off life’s hectic treadmill for a weekend and spend some time just for them – letting themselves be a little creative, making new friends and finding out a little about what makes them tick.

The majority of the ones I have read about take place in the US so are somewhat prohibitive in terms of cost and distance, so initially I put aside all thoughts about attending.

Then I had a lightbulb moment of the mountain and Mohammed variety. Well, why not organise one myself? So, the idea was born. I was a little nervous of doing this all by myself but knew immediately who my partner in crime would be. My friend Tina – a Learning & Development expert as well as a Style & Colour coach would be the perfect sidekick in this little venture. She is also quite good at reeling me in when I get a little too over-enthusiastic – her first influence being to cut down our first attempt to one Saturday afternoon in a church hall just around the corner, rather than a whole weekend in a stone farmhouse in the Peak District which was where my fantasies were taking me.

We had a bit of a think and scribbled some notes. We rang round some friends to rope in on presenting. We formed our agenda and we found our venue.

All we need now is some participants! If you are within an easy travel of Northamptonshire and fancy joining us, then do get in touch and I'll send you all the details! The date for the diaries is Saturday 17th April.
Disclaimer: While the image shown is not actually our venue, by the time we've finished with you, you'll feel like it was... hopefully!

10 comments:

  1. awww... this will be soooo COOL!!! pity i won't be able to make it ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I lived closer, I'd be there in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I lived there--you better believe I'd be going--sounds wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making the journey to Art Fest this year for the first time, in just a couple of weeks, but wish I COULD come and play! some time I will get to the UK and visit all of my friends there!! have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brava you, for attempting this. I hope it's very successful. I want to hear all about it. with pictures, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super! Your idea sounds perfect...have fun planning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome, good for you.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I'm in UK, I'll definitely come to the retreat. Good luck with the new venture! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea! Yay for initiation. I hope it all goes as you dream. If only this was 2003, I could be there : (

    sheree xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That is an amazing thing for you to try. The UK is a bit far, but please share all the fun planning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments - I always love to hear what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...